S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Filling up for gas (amusing)

Old 03-30-2001, 04:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The funniset part of all is even if you know where it is it's hard to find! Anyone else have this problem too?
Old 03-30-2001, 04:40 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still forget to pop the lid before getting out of the car. I have to walk back around and do it every time.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:46 PM

Hehe, I had the same problem with the top. If you don''t have the emergency break set the top won't work. Had to break out the manual in the rain to figure it out the first time .
Old 03-30-2001, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Muz
I still forget to pop the lid before getting out of the car. I have to walk back around and do it every time.
Muz,

Hah! We don't have to walk around when we forget. Our gas tank is on the "REAL" driver's side.

BTW, are you going to make it to S2kDays next month? I'll pay half your trip if you can get 2 center court front-row seats to the next Australian Open Tennis tourney. j/k!
Old 03-30-2001, 06:57 PM

only silly thing i did was when trying to reset the trip, accidentally switched from mph to km/h. It was when I noticed the odometer reading, I was like, wow, when did I exceed 600 miles.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:59 PM
pfb

Originally posted by Muz
We don't have to walk around on this side of the pond...

The fuel flap is on the Driver (left) side.

But then again, we don't get blue
Old 04-08-2001, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by Speedster
I looked everywhere for the release, and finally had to take out the manual and read it carefully. And that still took me another 5 minutes to finally locate it. And the gas queue behind me was getting really long. Did I tarnish the image of my fellow stookers? I am not worthy...
I am also not worthy...

Couldn't quite figure out how to put the car in reverse... thought it was like a beamer, where you have to push the stick all the way to the left to get into reverse - thought it was the same with the Stook (all the way to the right). Stupid me, the car kept rolling forward (I was on a hill). Finally had to pull out the manual and read it.

Who needs a manual when you can get more info. from this board !!!

Woof!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:06 AM

Originally posted by Jaykkub
I finally got lucky and started pulling and tugging on everything I could get my hands onto.
Not everything I hope , or maybe you really did get lucky
Old 04-08-2001, 08:38 PM

I was lucky and happened to put the owner's manual back in the day before I had to fill up for the first time. I looked like a moron....looking for it. There was a cute girl, maybe 21 years old that came over to look at the car. I eventually had to explain to her that I was looking in the manual to find the release.

Me, being the Honda expert that I am....decided to forgo the overview when I took delivery
Old 04-08-2001, 10:51 PM

Ok, OK, me to The dealer gave me a voucher to fill it up. I was like "where in the heck?" oh there it is after fiddling around in the dark

Quick Reply: Filling up for gas (amusing)