S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Filling up for gas (amusing)

Old 03-30-2001, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually it was even worse for me... kinda embarrasing actually... I did read the manual and still had to look for a bit to find it! it just didn't look like the picture on the manual.

That's what I guess for reading the manul for like second time in my life I suppose.

-Shing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaykkub
[B]I've had my Yellow S2000 for a few days now. Today I finally got low on Gas and decided it was time to fill her up. I pulled up to the pump and got out getting ready to get the gas going. As I was standing outside of the driver's door a thought kept running through my head..."How the hell do I get the gas tank open?"
Old 03-30-2001, 07:41 AM

luckly my dealer showed me the gas release.. but had a seriously hard time finding the dip stick.. then when i found it right there in front of me i felt like such an idiot.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:44 AM

I'm with those who learned to read . I read the manual from cover to cover. But then again I do that with every car I own. What a novel idea???
Old 03-30-2001, 08:04 AM

That would've happened to me if it weren't for the joe_s2k technical support option that came with the car
Old 03-30-2001, 08:36 AM

had to pull the manual out at the station also, and still had trouble finding it. Sign me up for the club too.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NJHB
I am worried that one day someone will break down and will not have read the towing section of the manual - flat bed only!
This really happened to me last night or this morning. I woke up in a cold sweat because, in my dream, I illegally parked for about 30 seconds downtown in Philadelphia (where I grew up) and when I returned, the police had towed away my S2000, new hard top and all! I knew it shouldn't be towed, just flat-bedded and I was upset that the city would ruin the drivetrain or differential and not compensate me. When I called the officials, still in my dream mind you, I was told I could come get the car Monday because they were closed until then!

So, what if, in real life, some big city police force tows your car without reading Honda's manual. Who is responsible for damage?

Barry....thankfully FULLY AWAKE!
Old 03-30-2001, 08:39 AM

When I got the car at the dealer I asked where the release was when they were going over things and they couldn't figure out where it was either. I even pointed to it and asked "what is that for" and the salesman didn't seem to be able to figure it out. Eventually the finace manager who owns one too let us in on where it was.
Old 03-30-2001, 10:32 AM

I guess it's a good thing my dealer showed me where everything was because I didn't get a manual until I had my car for 7 months (dealer screw-up).
Old 03-30-2001, 10:59 AM

I looked everywhere for the release, and finally had to take out the manual and read it carefully. And that still took me another 5 minutes to finally locate it. And the gas queue behind me was getting really long. Did I tarnish the image of my fellow stookers? I am not worthy...
Old 03-30-2001, 11:51 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scottrnelson
[B]Maybe I'm just different, but I sat down and read the owner's manual cover to cover (with the exception of a big chunk of the radio section) right after all of the paperwork was complete and the car was officially mine.

Quick Reply: Filling up for gas (amusing)