S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A few s2000 gripes/concerns? Passenger door locking, and conv top

Old 07-08-2002, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the s2k have power locks?>
Old 07-08-2002, 05:58 AM

Yes, but if you read above, if the passenger door is locked while you are in the car, you can't unlock it unless you reach over and do it manually.

Quote from Modifry, "The car already has a "both lock" function. If you manually lock the driver's door (with the lock lever on the door), the passenger door locks too. And that's easy enough to do from the driver's seat.

What the S lacked was a way to easily unlock the passenger door from the driver's seat"

It makes no sense, but they all do this, unless you have an Aussie or UK model is seems.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:11 AM

what i mean by power locks. isnt there an unlock and lock button?
Old 07-08-2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by speedlife
what i mean by power locks. isnt there an unlock and lock button?
Yes on the remote, but once the key is in the ignition the remote no longer works. The other thing that really annoy me is the trunk opener. I usually lock my compartment, so by the time I pick up my girl she's got her hands full waiting for me to open the trunk. I can't do it. I had to turn the damn car off... press the remote or open the compartment. It's very annoying.

the other thing i've been trying to override is the damn A/C it goes on and cannot be turn off while the fan is set to windows mode. On my Prelude I could do this by pressing the A/C button and it'll turn the A/C off. Here in Canada sometime when it rains it's freaking cold outside and you don't want your A/C. Especially when it's snowing outside and all you want to do is clear your windows without chilling your balls.

I know some owner can be stupid, but Honda should stop treating all of us like that
Old 07-08-2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Indecision

Yes on the remote, but once the key is in the ignition the remote no longer works. The other thing that really annoy me is the trunk opener. I usually lock my compartment, so by the time I pick up my girl she's got her hands full waiting for me to open the trunk. I can't do it. I had to turn the damn car off... press the remote or open the compartment. It's very annoying.

Indecision, read my long post five replies up from this one.

The mod i just did to the keyless module will let you OPEN THE TRUNK with the remote - when the key is in the ignition and/or when the car is running. Plus, you get the benefit of being able to unlock the passenger door with the remote as well. Only two wires need to be cut or removed.

It's so much nicer now!
Old 07-08-2002, 02:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason B
[B]

Indecision, read my long post five replies up from this one.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Indecision
[B]

But I want to route it to the driver side door switch. I don't want to reach down there when the key is in the ignition, I might push the wrong button and ignite myself
Old 07-08-2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by wilch
The Aussie delivered one as far as I know, will unlock the passenger door if you unlock the drivers door from the inside.

ie. get in, start the car, drive, decide you want to lock the doors, lock the drivers door (passenger door automatically locks).

if someone needs to get in, just unlock drivers door, and passenger door will also unlock.
Instead of all the wiring changes and switches, has anyone looked at how the Aussie S2000 is wired? It may be a simple matter of re-positioning some wires to get this functionality in the USDM version. Or if Jason B is right, the UK model (or is it all the LHD models? what about the other European versions, both LHD and RHD?) is also able to do this.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WhiteS2k
[B]Instead of all the wiring changes and switches, has anyone looked at how the Aussie S2000 is wired?
Old 07-08-2002, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by Indecision
the other thing i've been trying to override is the damn A/C it goes on and cannot be turn off while the fan is set to windows mode. On my Prelude I could do this by pressing the A/C button and it'll turn the A/C off. Here in Canada sometime when it rains it's freaking cold outside and you don't want your A/C. Especially when it's snowing outside and all you want to do is clear your windows without chilling your balls.
Actually, I can disengage the AC on any setting including the windshield defog setting. True, it comes on when you select that last position (windshield only) but all I need to do is press the AC button and it goes off.

Quick Reply: A few s2000 gripes/concerns? Passenger door locking, and conv top