S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A few s2000 gripes/concerns? Passenger door locking, and conv top

Old 07-03-2002, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, XViper... You like to TINKER!

Did you install a EJECT button for the passenger, too? (In case they complain about your driving)
Old 07-03-2002, 08:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it's the perception that N. Americans have this paranoia about their children (child in this case) bailing out of the car at speed. They don't want us to inadvertently unlock the kid's door.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Destiny2002
[B]Dang, XViper... You like to TINKER!

Did you install a EJECT button for the passenger, too?
Old 07-03-2002, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by S2Kelator
Check out this site:

http://www.baustnet.com/honda/mods/index.htm
Don't panic if you find some goofy stuff going on with my site, Microshaft Front Page is giving me fits, and some of the headers are acting goofy. Plus I am re-writing the Convenience Module instructions (which handles the passenger unlock problem nicely) this week too.

Also, this thread is in "S2000 talk", and I don't have much time for Internet cruising, so I usually only look at the "electronics" forum and would have never seen this thread if JasonB did not email me. The point is, don't be afraid to PM or email me if you have questions like this, who knows, I may have useful input.

You may want to check this thread where we discuss the LOCK and UNLOCK pins that are on the keyless remote module. Cars with factory alarms have wires connected to these pins, while the rest do not, but the functionality is there for all.

You can connect a switch to ground these pins to lock or unlock both doors, works with ignition on or off. Pretty cool.

quote from above thread:

Originally posted by modifry
Yes, the keyless module has the functions built in, all you need are two pins for the connector, or if you're desparate, solder wires directly to the pins.

Pin 11 is unlock, 12 is lock, both activated with a ground. Bear in mind if you are testing, it probably won't work unless the doors are closed.
Jason B - It's probably not that hard to disable the convertible top disable inputs from the brake and speed sensor. The convertible top module is behind the passenger dash access panel. see photos below, (taken from my Convenience Mod install, so disregard the "cut the yellow wire" stuff.

The speed sensor wire is the white/black wire (on the smaller connector on the right), brake input is green/white (on the larger connectro on the left). These are the only wires of these colors on the convertible top module. If you remove both of these wires from the module, the top should operate all the time, BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS MYSELF. NO GUARANTEES.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy that installed my after market alarm actually tapped directly into the wiring harness to control my doors. I can unlock the door, even if the key is in the ignition, by using my alarm remote. I'll see if I can get a wiring diagram from him on what he did. I think the stuff that modifry mentioned is porbably a better and faster starting point though.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole idea of not unlocking the passenger door on the first press is to prevent some low-life from jumping the car the same time you do and pointing a gun at your face.

Not sure this is actually a deterrent... whatever!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:21 PM

that's strange. That'd be a major hassle!

Almost like having a pwr drivers window that will only wind down with one press, but has to be held up to go up!

wil..
Old 07-04-2002, 08:39 AM

Don't want to be rude, but are you like really really tiny? Reaching over to pull on the lock lever is difficult to do?
Old 07-04-2002, 08:46 AM

Xviper and modifry: Thanks for all the info! I will be checking this thread for updates.

No, I'm not tiny. Every single vehicle I've owned has never had this problem. When you are used to something being a certain way, then it changes, you look for ways to make it how it WAS.

I'm sure most of you would agree with this theory.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:27 AM

A big thanks to Xviper for speaking up and telling me what he did.

Another big thanks to Modifry. The quotes taken below are from emails with modifry.

Below is what I ended up doing. I DECIDED I didn't want a SWITCH for the door locks, and I would rather have the remote function while the key is in the ignition.

Below is also what I did to override the convertible top speed sensor. This will let you put the top up while moving at slow speeds without having to PULL OVER. There is still some safety, as you have to pull up the e-brake one click and then you have full control.

[QUOTE]
modifry wrote on 07-05-02 07:19PM:

>> The remote is disabled if the key is in the ignition.

Quick Reply: A few s2000 gripes/concerns? Passenger door locking, and conv top