S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Feasability of S2K as Daily Driver?

Old 04-26-2001, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only problem with driving the Stook daily is that you get used to it. Like dating a super model, you soon forget that not all girls are built that way.

I typically drive a Ford F-150 XLT on stormy days. Then when I get back into my baby I fully appreciate her. You will never hear me yawn at doing 125 mph on a back road.

By the way, North Texas has been perfect Stook weather. I have to pull my boat to the lake this weekend and I wish my Stook had a hitch. It has more HP than the truck afterall.
Old 04-26-2001, 08:53 AM

Daily driver for 33,000 miles and it's been great. I'm in charlotte too and the roads are fine. Much better than up north with all the frost heaves and such. The pollen here makes a mess of the interior though for about a month.
Old 04-26-2001, 09:08 AM

In response to Rahvis. This past winter was an interesting one. Unfortunately I do not have a hardtop. But I was pretty disappointed when I heard that Canada had a special edition s2k with the hardtop all for around $34 thou. For us here in the states it was an option for around $3 geez. Being that this was my first rear wheel car, in the beginning it wasn't fun at all. My previous car was a 96 Gsr and I had Nokian tires on my stock rims. Those tires were awesome in the snow and rain. This would be the time for all those 4x4's to shine and I would pass some of these suv's up. Okay I'm exaggerating a little but it sure felt like it. I wish I had those tires on the s2k. I know that it wouldn't have created miracles but it would have made a bit easier. I would spin out constantly. Even with smallest amount of accumulation I could feel the car slide a bit. The temperatures were so cold that my tires were practically frozen. My car on ice skates!!! I finally got the routine and as long as I kept the rpms around 2000-3000 I had pretty good control. As long as the roads were somewhat salted. Salt oh how I despise Salt!!!!
As far as the back plastic window. Didn't really give me any problems. When it came time to remove the snow, I just used my gloves to brush it off. If it was frozen I would pat the window so the ice would break away from the plastic and pick up the ice. I admit It did take longer to cleaner off the snow, but I'd rather take my time than put an ice scraper to the window and have it all scratched up!!!! So now I'm on the hunt for a winter car!!

Girlzrace2
white/red 01'
Old 04-26-2001, 10:56 AM

My S2K is my daily driver. Have 3,100 miles in about 2 months and I have no problem with it as my daily driving car. In fact, I enjoy it more and more each day!!!!
Old 04-26-2001, 11:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob J.
[B]I am strong considering purchasing an S2K in the near future but I unfortuanately would really need the S2K to be competent as a Daily Driver. I don't live in an area where it ever Ices, Snows, ect. So that would not be a problem.
Old 04-27-2001, 04:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob J.
[B]I am strong considering purchasing an S2K in the near future but I unfortuanately would really need the S2K to be competent as a Daily Driver. I don't live in an area where it ever Ices, Snows, ect. So that would not be a problem.
Old 04-27-2001, 04:59 PM

Daily driver - and I live in the city. I drive it in rush hour on the freeways. I drive it on weekdays in the country. I drive it in rush hour in the city. I drive it on weekends on backroads. I run errands in it.
No problem with it at all.
No temptation to buy a second car - if I need to haul a huge load of crap I just rent something big.
Old 04-27-2001, 05:26 PM

Daily driver? Why are you even asking? Heck, I thought I would be using my stook as a pleasure vehicle but after having it for one day, I change my mind and made it my primary vehicle and sold my 1996 Trans Am. No question about it. Come on, stop question and live life to it's fullest!

Jeffrey...taking the plunge!