S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

faulty transmission

Old 06-24-2002, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faulty transmission

i was driving dow a wet road the other night and i was making a turn i was going about 25 30mph through the turn it was wide do i wasn't worried about anything, something happened and i thought my passagner had throw on my e brake well i was spinning and i hit a wall, i had no idea what happened, well next day honda took my car and told me that the transmission had failed and my rear diff froze and thats why my back end came around, they told me they've had 60 reports of this happing and that i was the 15 one to crash because of it, the passanger side front fender was crushed the front end was all scraped up and the passagner side suspension was bent, honda is paying for everything, they said if the frame is bent i will have to wait 3 months to get a new car, i'm pretty pissed.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:05 PM

Wow, have you only had your car for a month? Really sorry to hear about that man....
Old 06-24-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they are paying for it, I'm not going to say anything.

strange, but I think the cause is quite different. that's just my take.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:25 PM

i've only had the car for two weeks, thats what pisses me off the most about this, i just got it
Old 06-24-2002, 02:07 PM

Sounds like a class action suit to me...
Old 06-24-2002, 02:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by BlueS2000Boy
i was driving dow a wet road the other night and i was making a turn i was going about 25 30mph through the turn it was wide do i wasn't worried about anything, something happened and i thought my passagner had throw on my e brake well i was spinning and i hit a wall, i had no idea what happened, well next day honda took my car and told me that the transmission had failed and my rear diff froze and thats why my back end came around, they told me they've had 60 reports of this happing and that i was the 15 one to crash because of it, the passanger side front fender was crushed the front end was all scraped up and the passagner side suspension was bent, honda is paying for everything, they said if the frame is bent i will have to wait 3 months to get a new car, i'm pretty pissed.
Wow, AHM is being really honest - most companies would have chalked it up to going through a wet turn at 30 MPH in a RWD car...

If they've really had 60 reports of this happening, someone (read: you) should let NHTSA know about this; this is a major safety recall issue if I've ever heard of one...

NHTSA Auto Safety Hotline: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/hotline/
Old 06-24-2002, 04:22 PM

i was thinking about doing that and looking into it, i wanted to get all the information on my problem, and other peoples to give to them
Old 06-24-2002, 04:39 PM

you know, it's stuff like this that really makes me want to sell my car. I just put new tires on it, and I'm afraid to really push it now, as I'm coming up on 20k miles, and the rear is starting to click loudly upon direction changes (reverse to first or vice versa). I'm seriously frightened that I"m going to be in the middle of a moderate-speed (55mph+) corner, the rear's gonna lock, and I'm going into the weeds. How many more of us are going to face potentially life-threatening situations before there's a recall?

I mean seriously, I've never seen a sports car with more driveline failures other than Lotus.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:51 PM

i do agree that there needs to be more honda people looking into these problems but i love my car and even with the lock ups and everything, i still wouldn't give it up. as long as they fix it i'm happy
Old 06-24-2002, 04:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by netwiz
[B]you know, it's stuff like this that really makes me want to sell my car.

Quick Reply: faulty transmission