S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Falling trees.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falling trees.

I do not know how some of you guys feel about driving in the rain during stormy weather. My00 is not my DD and I drive a pick up truck 90% of the time during summer and 100% during winter. I don't drive MY00 when it rains. Anyways, about a month ago in Atlanta Georga, two women were in a Mazda Miata driving home when a tree fell on the car killing them both. It was a freak accident, but how do you guys feel about driving in the rain during stomy weather. Most states are not like Georgia with so many trees, but just wanted to get you guys opinion.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Last year a guy from around here died when a tree fell on his Audi A4. Convertible or not, falling trees on a car are gonna be dangerous. (What do you think MY means, in MY00?)
Old 06-18-2011, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ksilverstone
I do not know how some of you guys feel about driving in the rain during stormy weather. My00 is not my DD and I drive a pick up truck 90% of the time during summer and 100% during winter. I don't drive MY00 when it rains. Anyways, about a month ago in Atlanta Georga, two women were in a Mazda Miata driving home when a tree fell on the car killing them both. It was a freak accident, but how do you guys feel about driving in the rain during stomy weather. Most states are not like Georgia with so many trees, but just wanted to get you guys opinion.
You could also be hit by a comet/meteorite...
You could be hit by a stray bullet...
You could be hit by a nuke...
You could hit a deer...
You could be hit by a drunk driver...
You could be instantly in the eye of a tornado...
You could be hit by an airplane...
You could get cancer from solar radiation...
You could get smashed by a semi...
You could have a car infront of you kick of a piece of road debris that impales you through your windshield...

Why go outside at all?

What's my opinion? This car is as safe as any other car on the road; not only do I drive it in stormy weather, I drive it top down in stormy weather (unless it's purely slow in city driving).
Old 06-18-2011, 09:25 PM

^^agreed. It's your luck. I was test-driving an S2000 the other day with the top down and decided as soon as we got back from the drive that I wasn't going to buy. On my way back from the house, a huge branch had fallen right where we had been standing minutes ago with the top down (it had just started storming).

There's no point in worrying about something like this...just don't be stupid and what's going to happen will happen.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 PM

I would rather die in the S with a tree on my head than an aneurysm sitting in front of this laptop reading this thread...
Old 06-19-2011, 07:36 AM

You could also be hit by a comet/meteorite...
You could be hit by a stray bullet...
You could be hit by a nuke...
You could hit a deer...
You could be hit by a drunk driver...
You could be instantly in the eye of a tornado...
You could be hit by an airplane...
You could get cancer from solar radiation...
You could get smashed by a semi...
You could have a car infront of you kick of a piece of road debris that impales you through your windshield...

Why go outside at all?

I Don't.As I watch my 05 SMG from inside my abode I am planning a video remote control
unit I can operate from my bunker.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 06-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Falling trees is the the last thing I am concerned about.

Falling down my 3 flights of stairs after a case of beer is another story.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are far more things in the world to worry about than trees falling on your head...
Old 06-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by CarpetedConsole
Last year a guy from around here died when a tree fell on his Audi A4. Convertible or not, falling trees on a car are gonna be dangerous. (What do you think MY means, in MY00?)
hmmmm, manufacture year 2000 or 2000 s2000. To many zeros if you ask me. The internet was the best thing invented since the wheel. Thats what comes to my mind when I type MY00.

Quick Reply: Falling trees.