S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Factory Alarm

Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Life Dunk,Mar 9 2009, 10:01 PM
Maybe we have different alarms, but my alarm arms itself automatically when I shut the doors. Even if i press the button to unlock the car, it relocks and rearms itself automatically after 10 seconds.

It's actually really annoying when you're washing the car and the alarm keeps going off from water hitting the softop

I could unplug the battery, but then the guy at the other end wouldnt be able to get the car off the truck
i dont know if your model is any different but i have an my07 and my factory alarm will re-arm itself after i press unlock and did not open either doors for 10-15 seconds. i think its a security measure, in case you accidentally hit unlock but you meant to hit lock.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My MY00 alarm re-arms itself as well.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt,Mar 10 2009, 05:13 AM
Something tells me he's being less than truthful.
i smell a top slashing seat thief asking us for an easier way.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by hondaBeater,Mar 10 2009, 10:13 AM
i smell a top slashing seat thief asking us for an easier way.

It's must be a very special model: Only one guy can unplug/plug the battery! You can pour perfume on a dead rat and it will only get stinkier.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Those who say their alarm re-locks after a few seconds...did you buy the additional alarm from the dealership? I can't be certain right now, but I dont think mine relocks. But I don't have anything extra on the car.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM

The late factory immobilizer and keyless entry system re-locks the car when unlocked and no doors are opened within a certain amount of time like 20 seconds
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by damuho,Mar 10 2009, 12:25 PM

It's must be a very special model: Only one guy can unplug/plug the battery! You can pour perfume on a dead rat and it will only get stinkier.
Give me a break!

I'm a genuine S2000 owner and I genuinely need to put my car on a truck for longhaul shipment!

The shipping company requires me to disable the alarm, I don't think they'll be impressed if I just tell them to disconnect and reconnect the battery, and frankly I don't want some random kid poking around my engine bay.

I bought the car second hand so I don't know which model alarm it has, but it is operated by the Honda keyless entry controller than comes standard with all Hondas. The car was built for the Australian market if that makes any difference.

The alarm is -ultra- sensitive and goes off in rain or when a Harley Davidson drives passed. If anyone knows how to turn it off (and turn the sensitivity down) I would be very appreciative.

What does this valet switch look like, and what exactly does it do?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Honda Life Dunk,Mar 10 2009, 05:52 PM
Give me a break!

I'm a genuine S2000 owner and I genuinely need to put my car on a truck for longhaul shipment!

The shipping company requires me to disable the alarm, I don't think they'll be impressed if I just tell them to disconnect and reconnect the battery, and frankly I don't want some random kid poking around my engine bay.

I bought the car second hand so I don't know which model alarm it has, but it is operated by the Honda keyless entry controller than comes standard with all Hondas. The car was built for the Australian market if that makes any difference.

The alarm is -ultra- sensitive and goes off in rain or when a Harley Davidson drives passed. If anyone knows how to turn it off (and turn the sensitivity down) I would be very appreciative.

What does this valet switch look like, and what exactly does it do?
Sorry but your written words will never actually prove you own an S2000. You will need to actually meet with a fellow owner to get help or borrow a manual that you claim you have lost. Why not go to your local dealer to get help?

You have to realize that you are asking people here how to disable or modify a car's security system. For all we know, you could be someone who simply has access to an S2000 that is not your own. It is rude to judge people without even meeting them... but not in this virtual world.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM

the KARR alarm is a factory added option. I have it and you can actually set it to either active/passive arm. the ones that have the car automaticlally arm have the passive system.

I suggest using the valet switch. And yes the shock sensor is very sensitve
Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by damuho,Mar 11 2009, 12:36 AM
Sorry but your written words will never actually prove you own an S2000. You will need to actually meet with a fellow owner to get help or borrow a manual that you claim you have lost. Why not go to your local dealer to get help?

You have to realize that you are asking people here how to disable or modify a car's security system. For all we know, you could be someone who simply has access to an S2000 that is not your own. It is rude to judge people without even meeting them... but not in this virtual world.
go to dealer dog............. plus, the carrier only need your keys and remotes.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm