S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

F20C Kit Car

Old 10-23-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F20C Kit Car

My S2000 has been side impact totalled. I was at fault so my car won't be repaired by insurance. The drivetrain is still good. If nobody is interested in buying my car then I may try and use the drivetrain for a kit car. Does anyone know of any F20C based kit cars?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:10 AM

www.wcmultralite.com Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I've driven one of those. If you've ever ridden a sportbike, you'll have an idea how it accelerates.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll put a grin on your face that just won't quit.

You can call Brian @ (972) 227-7241. Tell him David sent you. It's easiest to reach him evenings and weekends at that number so call him now.

I already have my engine, etc. just waiting on a move so that I have a garage large enough to build mine.

I am working now to find a way to disable the immobilizer so that we don't have to have the complexities and expense of keys. If anyone knows how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. I have 10 of his ecus that I am going to have to rekey soon if we can't work this out. ($900+ - see another reason why we'd like to find a way around the immobilzer!)

I have a couple of 04 engines and will be running 00 ecus and early cams for a 8500 or so rev limit.

With newbie drivers and street tires we were staying up with and passing everything on the Road at a NASA event and they had R rubber. Don't remember the class, but we were just about the only car that wasn't a V8. Made the Stang guys mad to pass them in the corners and then squirt away on the straights.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:24 PM

That sounds great, but what all would I be putting in from my donor S2K? Can someone PM me with a price? I don't want to get my hopes up if the price is out of my range. I was hoping to make the S2000 a major donor car for something.

I sent an email to the address on the web site also.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:51 PM

There were prices on the website. They were around 34K+. That is probably a complete car, maybe you can get a kit much cheaper.

I saw a Miata on Ebay a while back that had a complete S2K drivetrain in it. It even had the digital dash. That would be one hell of a sleeper and much cheaper than the ultra.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either would put a smile on your face. It is amazing how much better the FC20 feels with a little weight off it.

It makes you begin the think the S2000 is too porky.

Call Brian tonight and he can give you all the prices. 34k is a completely tricked out car built by him not you with all the bells and whistles probably even AC and you having to buy an engine and tranny.

What's probably not on the website is a new lighter weight model with the engine canted over at a 45 degree angle to help throw a little weight towards the passenger side and to lower the CG. The whole car body is slimmer than the regular model.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:26 AM

Thanks for all of the info everyone. I am definately going to call and get the details.

Is this the only kit for the F20C/S2000 ?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Almost any Kitcar is going to cost a ton of $.... $34k for a fake super 7 that doesn't really even look all that good compared to Westfields or Caterhams....

Westfield and Caterham are the only two semi real super 7's available in england. They are very pricey as well. For the $ I would be more inclined to have one of those two custom built instead of a "no following" fake.

I am sure the WCM's are damn fast ...probably too much car for 95% of the drivers....

The depreciation is probably worse on a WCM than the other two due to it being a total fake vs a semi fake.

There was a used WCM on ebay about 8 months ago that didn't go higher than about $15k. I forget what drivetrain it had...it wasn't the F20C...if you spend $34k, plan to get maybe $20k one year later.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 PM

Fault has nothing to do with collecting on collision coverage. You did have collision coverage didn't you?

Quick Reply: F20C Kit Car