S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The Extras On The S2000!?!?

Old 03-27-2002, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF That is the case guys, PLEASE PLEASE tell me how I can possibly go about purchasing this car at MSRP or lower in the DFW (Dallas) AREA. Any Insight will do.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:52 PM

If I were you, I'd PM ceasar2k...he says he's in your local area and bought his at MSRP. First off, any dealership that treats you like crap "before" you buy the car, sure isn't going to treat you any better after you buy it. Read some of the horror stories on here about dealers and their service departments. These cars aren't as limited as they once were and are now very affordable, unlike the past. There's NO excuse to be ripped off.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by mansfieldpro
...Any Insight will do.
Uhh...an Insight can't compare to the S2000 'sides having 2 doors!

LOL.. I'm not too sure about that area, but in our Metro DC area the "less than MSRP" deals are getting scarce with warmer weather on the way. However, a lot more dealerships around here are inclined to sell at MSRP now. Just keep looking...even if it's out of state. You know you'll have a fun drive home, whether it be a 2 hour or 6 hour drive. In fact, like a lot of other people on here, I get kind of disappointed when I get to work since my commute is only 15 mins long and I wish it was longer with this car.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:09 PM

NO, sorry about that. I didnt mean the car!
Old 03-27-2002, 08:27 PM

But wut about the audio system on the car? U guys don't find any problems with that on the 02 model?
Old 03-27-2002, 08:29 PM

or wut do you guys think about subwoofers in the trunk? has anyone done that yet? Feedbacks please
Old 03-27-2002, 09:52 PM

For a roadster, the 02's audio system is above average. But, there's plenty of room for improvement if need be. A sub(s) can be added in the trunk depending on what kind of sound you want and how much space you are willing to sacrifice. Search for "custom sub boxes" and you'll turn up plenty. The more speakers, the more weight(which Honda avoided adding additionally at all costs)-hence the lack of them by Honda. Just go buy one. You'll love it...and be wearing one of these.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 02 has a much improved sound system. There is no combination of options that can add up to ten grand. Did you hear that? NO COMBINATION OF OPTIONS. The only options there are is a CD changer ($325), front lip ($350), rear spoiler ($350), side strakes ($350), security system ($300), ash tray ($15), cargo net ($30), floor mats ($75), seat back pocket ($50), wheel locks ($25), block heater ($40), hard top ($2300), dust cover ($170), hard top rack ($520), hard top dust cover ($70). Total price $4970. That's it! There is nothing else that you can add. So add that to your $32800 base price and you get $37770. So anything above that is margin above the margin HandA already charges.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:53 AM

The dealer I bought mine still has a new Spa Yellow 2001 still on the lot. They added side strakes, rear spoiler, lip spoiler, seat back pocket, alarm, and cargo net. All that crap jacked the price up well beyond what the market would support. Surprise, it didn't sell. They offered it to me for 31,495 w/o any negotiation. I still went with the 2002 at MSRP and got my accessories (2 seat back pockets, cargo net, wheel locks) thrown in for nothing. Why buy a 2001 with stuff on it I don't want (they couldn't even match the paint properly) with a questionable test drive history when I could get a 2002 (with all it's improvements) for almost the same price? They also have a red 2001 that has 500 test drive miles on it. Somebody could probably get that one for around 29,000 or so. At that price you can have it shipped anywhere in the country and still save thousands.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:16 AM

My original '00 had the rear spoiler, front spoiler, side strakes, behind the seat 'pouch', ash tray, wind deflector (was an option then), cargo net, and alarm and it cost me $38,839 incl. t+t. The replacement '02 car was supposed to be 'identical' - but arrived (as all do) as a plain Jane. The dealer had been sold and is not a place I wanted to 'drill' into the car to put anything on it...so it has the alarm, ash tray and that's it. I liked the look of the chin spoiler, but you had to be very careful when parking... the side strake on the right side was continually falling apart and trying to fall off the car....so I think it's better to add these things later yourself, if you want them - or at least have them done by someone who knows what they're doing.

p.s. I was charged almost 800 for the alarm upgrade.

John N

Quick Reply: The Extras On The S2000!?!?