S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The Extras On The S2000!?!?

Old 03-27-2002, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a question...before I bought my S last October I did alot of research on the internet,magazines etc...yet,when I would talk with sales people at dealers and ask them if they had ever heard of the S2ki.com web site many of them responded with...."Um,well I've heard of it but not really looked at it"....WHAT!...I always thought to myself...a web site where people talk about the price of one of Honda"s higher end products and and they don't look at it to see what people in the market are asking each other and talking about?....I don't understand.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:13 PM

I've also heard numerous complaints regarding the low-end torque of the car. Many say from 0-40, it performs like a prelude? True or false?
True. Until you reach 6K, there's not much difference between it and any other Honda. After owning my S for 10 months I sold it and went back to a Porsche C4...The immediate power is GREAT!
Old 03-27-2002, 06:06 PM

Hey manfield pro. I'm from Corpus and I'll tell you I wouldn't pay more than 32,840 for one. I didn't. The dealership in Victoria is straight up and honest. He said"32,840.00 and nothing more. You'll have to wait on it though. I got mine in San Antonio from Gunn. They had a black and yellow. Once again, 32840 and nothing more. I bought the paint protectant, interior and window etching for about 400 bucks more. Don't pay more than msrp. I wanna help you get one too. Forget about the 0 to 40. It will feel like a prelude. But wait till the v-tec kicks in after break in and you'll see. Who cares about 0-40 anyway. You'll get to 80 and 90 in a hurry.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:16 PM

ICIC, let me make it clear also, that the dealership has added about $5,000 in after market stuff such as the rear spoiler, ground effects kit, tints, side skirts, and etc. and he is offering 35-36 grand. ofcourse after TTL, it will be close to around 38-39 grand. Lets also discuss the issue on the audio system. Any difference from the 01 model and the 02 in regards to sound systems? Your thoughts please
Old 03-27-2002, 06:22 PM

All of those add on's come with a much inflated price. You can probably save yourself a bundle by buying a basic model and then buy the spoilers etc from http://www.handaaccessories.com

The speakers in the 02 are supposed to be better than those in previous years.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:34 PM

The spoilers and ground effects are something I may want in the future. You may want them now. I want to enjoy mine as is first. Which is enough for now. I can't bear to think of someone drilling holes in my trunk or sides for the effects. If you put one on the front, think about it. I'm careful on the dips in the road and already a couple of minor scuffs on the bottom. (not visible). I'm a stereo buff. I have amps and stuff in my pickup. An S2000 is not a hot stereo made for. It is sufficient especially when top is up and windows closed.I haven't heard the 2001 so I don't know. But the s2k is all about performance and that is why most people get one. I'm serious about helping you find one since we live in the same state. Let me know if you want help.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:03 PM

ya, totally guys... I could totally go without the added extras which are very much inflated in price. I would be just happy with the base S2000, but my dealer tells me (in somewhat of a rude manner) , "Why would we sell it to you for 32-33, when we can add the extras and sell it for 43-44?" Thats exactly what he said word for word, and if I wasn't so whipped by this damn car, I would of wooped his ass in a flash. I know they maybe cheating me in some way, but I just feel tempted to pay the extra money and bring home the car right away. Any thoughts???
Old 03-27-2002, 07:15 PM

I know how you feel. I took a trip to San Antonio just "to see" the Berlina Black when my silver/red was due in June. Well, the rest is history. The black2k was amazing. I didn't even drive it. I said "I'll take it" It's sitting in my garage now. It's easy for me to say wait cuz I have mine but another 10 grand?I don't think so. A bit out of my range. Have you settled on a color? I guess living in Dallas gives you some options. I would imagine a bit more of a selection. Although, when I got mine; Victoria, C.C., and one in Houston and S.A. didn't have any. Maybe things in Big D are different. Now for my opinion: Get one plain jane and undisturbed, untouched, a virgin S2000 if you will. And plain jane doesn't even describe a base 2k. It's anything but. I love mine as is bro. And my 500.00pmt a month after 5k down. (6yrs) is something I can live with. I'm calling my gal in S.A. (Gunn Honda) and asking what's up? I think you can wait another week. Keep looking
Old 03-27-2002, 07:32 PM

I c where your coming from. But I forgot to mention that they are offering a substantial discount. Heres the full story: I went into the dealership expecting a S2000 for msrp(32,600). Well, all the ones that arrive at the dealership, they modify to where they can sell it for around low forties. Well I told them that was a bit out of my range, and they have told me that they were willing to go down to 35-36 grand. there was the market adjustment, but that is still a pretty big cut from the price of 44,000. though I was expecting 32000 base, should I just go ahead and purchase one for 35-36 (Loaded w/ exterior extras)? that is about a 3-4 grand increase, but they are set on selling me a loaded one even if they had to discount about 8 grand. I dont see why they wont just sell me the car straight off the truck w/ no adds.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:38 PM

To put it bluntly, if you want to get screwed by a dealership that's basically told you that they're screwing you, then by all means do it. The cars CAN be had for MSRP or less...The choice is yours. Sounds to me that you're smart enough to know you're being screwed, but are looking for justification to buy it anyway. Just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: The Extras On The S2000!?!?