S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

EXPOSED!!! - Monte Carlo Blue - in Florida - Pics inside

Old 04-20-2003, 07:10 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Brad, I've seen several other blue S repaints around the board, but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting Honda's MC blue done on the S in the states.

Very, very nice, Brad. Thanks for sharing the pix, Chiung.

Elvis, I believe those are S-03s
Old 04-20-2003, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, these pictures are KILLIN' me! Niiiice....!

I would venture to guess that this is at least a $5K paint job; that baby looks like it's factory painted.

And Chaz, yeah - they do look like 03's.

Wow. Way to go. I really am jealous, and I'm not the jealous type. I guess I'll just have to dream away for my MCB.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful job, Brad. How much of the "hidden pieces" are repainted? Is the engine bay MCB? Inside of trunk? Under the carpets?

I love Monte Carlo Blue and I've never seen nicer MCB pictures than yours. Not even Muz's pictures are better.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:18 AM

Like mine !!!!

http://www.silueth.com/s2000
Old 04-21-2003, 01:39 PM

Elviscos yes they are SO3's. The car has not been lowered, the ground effects hang down about 1 inch giving it the illusion of being lowered.

The engine bay is still black and under the carpets. The paint job wasn't cheap but could have cost alot more seems the more they remove the more it cost. However I did have them remove front and rear bumpers and front and rear lights.

Thanks again for all your comments!
Old 04-21-2003, 02:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad -

What exhaust do you have and how do you like it? I'm in the market and trying to decide.

Also, will you be at the Super Meet this weekend?

Great job once again,
Shay
Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM

Brad,

It's also very cool that they did the windshield frame. I'll bet that was a PITA... Probably had to remove all the moulding. Your frame would look good with black tape too, but body color is awesome.

Engine bay and under the carpets?? Sounds like that would've been a waste of money. How about the underside of the trunk and hood? Did they do those?

Shay, Amuse dual Titanium. YUM!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:05 PM

CHIUNG-I know where you are at! I was just over on your local boards wishing I was at D.B. today, and wondering how the extra 40 HP from being at sea level would feel!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chazmo - Amuse is the stuff huh? Sure ain't cheap though. They have a GB right now on the Amuse and Invidia. I know I can audition the Invidia and an HKS this weekend at the Super Meet. I'm very interested in the Amuse though but it's about 3x the cost. If I do that then no rotors, brake lines, etc. for now...I'll get there but dang that's a lot of money. What do you have? Amuse really that good. I want that aggressive note but I use the car for work so there's an image thing going on plus I'm 33, married w/ 2 kids...I'm not into that "can hear me from 3 blocks away" thing...unless I'm getting on the v-tec of course!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:50 PM

Shay. I'm bone stock, except for my new Prodrive wheels. I do love Titanium pieces (I have the Ti shift knob ), but Ti is extremely expensive. The Amuse exhaust is a gorgeous piece.

Personally, I'd go with the rotor/brake line upgrade you mentioned (if I were you, that is ). Frankly, the only mod I'm seriously considering right now is rotor/caliper upgrade. I can't stand that the stock rotors rust on the face and (worse) drip rust after wash/wax. I think that's atrocious.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I wouldn't be interested in the additional volume of an aftermarket exhaust; I love the way the S sounds just as it is!

Quick Reply: EXPOSED!!! - Monte Carlo Blue - in Florida - Pics inside