S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

EXPOSED!!! - Monte Carlo Blue - in Florida - Pics inside

Old 04-19-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is so much more striking in person. I am so disapointed I was beaten to the punch.. I guess I'll paint my car Imola Orange.. sweet...
Old 04-19-2003, 08:50 PM

so was it painted?
Old 04-19-2003, 09:19 PM

I dunno, maybe not....
Old 04-19-2003, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by mr.lee
whats the difference between airwalker and amuse front lip ? they look the same to me some how ^
On the amuse, there isn't a hard line seperating the lip and the two flares.... it's lines are more smooth and rounded, while the airwalker is more sharp and it's lines are more crisp.... Matter of personal taste.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:25 PM
sp1

I hate to admit it but I'm going to copy you Brad! )
Old 04-20-2003, 02:18 AM

(speechless)
Old 04-20-2003, 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments! A few of you wanted the story behind the blue paint, well here it is.......I had the car for over 2 1/2 years and have upgraded the stereo(all Lucid), installed the OEM rear spoiler and other misc. including clear corners. The car remained unchanged for about a year and a half, well I thought it was time for a facelift.
I wanted the S to look more aggressive but not too, so I orderded the AirWalker front and sides through a Group Buy sponsered by Chris for BulletProof. Thats what started it all, then it became apparent that it not only had to look aggressive but needed to sound that way also, so hence the call to BulletProof again for the Amuse dual ti.
Now it was time to paint the ground effects and having painted almost 20 cars in my life thought piece of cake their just a couple small ground effects. So I started painting them black and the base coat was easy but the clear wasn't, they had spots all over so tried again same results. So now i'm mad wondering what to do,so I decided to take them to be cleared at a local shop and that's when the thought crossed my mind to call and find out how much it was to change the color on the whole car. The next day I called the local Honda dealership and asked them. The price was unbelievable and they said they would install the ground effects so down to the dealership it went along with the paint code for MCB that l found here on the site.
Now the waiting period began. As I spent more and more time on S2ki looking at all the beautiful cars it became apperent that in order to complete the (total make over now) I needed rims. So not having alot of time to mailorder before the car was completed I resorted to the phone book called around and all but 1 said they have never heard of ce28ns or ssrs, let alone s2rs. So away I went down to Discount Tire. These guys not only found the Work Meister S2r's put were able to have them to me in a weeks time and the price was right.
This past Thursday I picked up the S from the Body shop at the dealership and Fri installed the rims. Words cannot express how happy I am with the S it's like having a new car.. I'm sure everyone out there has heard the saying that one thing leads to another well I'm living Proof. After having accomplished this feat in 1 1/2 months, gobs of money and the major stress involved it will be quite some time before the next "Facelift"!!!

Brad
Old 04-20-2003, 05:10 PM

Gorgeous!!!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If enough of you do it, AHM might get a hint.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:02 PM

Hope you don't mind but i would love to know what a honda dealership charged for the repaint?
It looks awesone btw, has it been lowered at all? What kind of rubber are those fine wheels wearing?

Quick Reply: EXPOSED!!! - Monte Carlo Blue - in Florida - Pics inside