S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Evolution School in South/Central Georgia

Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 AM
E-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by negcamber,Jun 11 2007, 09:02 PM
I haven't been out to a Dixie event since they moved to Cicil, but I imagine they are running in the parking lot there...is that correct?

Yes, the parking lot to the right of the drag strip in your pic.
This video is of me last month down at Dixie.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90950041536305

I wasn't exactly going for time here as it was my first time taking the s2000 to an autocross, so don't critique me too bad. I was just trying to get a feel for the car, find out how it would react, etc... I did manage a nice spin once, but for me, it just wouldn't be Dixie if I didn't spin at least once.
I know it doesn't look super fast in the vid, but there was one time I looked down right before the turn at the far end of the course and my speedo said 74mph. That's pretty fast for an autocross.

Honestly though, the problem with having an evo school at Dixie is $$$$$$$$ That venue is not cheap!!! It would have to be done in conjunction with a Dixie event. SGMP gives Dixie the venue on Saturday afternoon for Sunday events. If Dixie isn't willing to do it, you really don't need all that much room for one of these schools so finding another venue shouldn't be all too difficult. The cheaper the venue, the cheaper the overall cost, which then looks more appealing to potential students.

And an all S2000 school would be pretty cool.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:01 AM

Count me in. I live 10 miles from the track at Cecil so I vote for using that location.

I just joined the SCCA, went to my first auto-x at Cecil on Sunday. The parking lot works well for Solo2 (as far as I know, since I'm inexperienced I guess I don't really know any better). There were probably 50 cars there on Sunday, not sure how many show up on a regular basis.

The track is pretty far away from Tallahassee, so I feel for those guys. But the whole area is pretty centrally located- Jax, Tampa, Gainesville, Macon/W.R., they're all within a reasonable distance. And there are tons of reasonable hotel rooms in the VLD for people that want to get here early and stay overnight.

We probably need to cross-post this somehow with the Dixie folks and see what the reaction is. I'd be more useful if I wasn't such a new-b.

If I can be of any help on this please P.M. me.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:35 AM

I live in Savannah, but I'd be willing to drive to Jacksonville, Cecil, or Cordelle for the school. Fall would be great. The heat in July and August will be awful.
-James
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 AM

Count me in. I have wanted to do this for a long time now.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by E-Z,Jun 12 2007, 06:25 AM
Yes, the parking lot to the right of the drag strip in your pic.
This video is of me last month down at Dixie.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90950041536305

I wasn't exactly going for time here as it was my first time taking the s2000 to an autocross, so don't critique me too bad. I was just trying to get a feel for the car, find out how it would react, etc... I did manage a nice spin once, but for me, it just wouldn't be Dixie if I didn't spin at least once.
I know it doesn't look super fast in the vid, but there was one time I looked down right before the turn at the far end of the course and my speedo said 74mph. That's pretty fast for an autocross.

Honestly though, the problem with having an evo school at Dixie is $$$$$$$$ That venue is not cheap!!! It would have to be done in conjunction with a Dixie event. SGMP gives Dixie the venue on Saturday afternoon for Sunday events. If Dixie isn't willing to do it, you really don't need all that much room for one of these schools so finding another venue shouldn't be all too difficult. The cheaper the venue, the cheaper the overall cost, which then looks more appealing to potential students.

And an all S2000 school would be pretty cool.
I can't tell how fast you're going in the video, but you seem to be quite smooth. LOL, I was hoping to see a nice spin.

I think (but am not certain) that Atlanta Region pays about a grand to use the Turner Field lots. Seems that they usually run a test and tune day in one section of the lot and the Evo school in another, and that keeps the cost of the Evo school reasonable. We're paying something like $200 for the lot in Cordele, but it's so small; I suspect we *can* have a school there, but I think it would be better if we had a site with more room.

Jacksonville is a little far for me, so I hope we can get something together a little closer. Turner Field is actually pretty cool, becaue the lot is on the side of a hill, so half the turns are off camber. Some of my most spectacular spins have been on off camber turns during Evo schools at Turner Field, and it's really a good lot to learn how to keep the back end under the S2000 under far from ideal condiitons.

Matt, I worked on Tripper since '04, trying to get him interested in the Elise, and in road racing, but if I'd known that it might have a negative effect on our autocross program I might have left well enough alone.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Depending on where and when I'm very interested.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM

UPDATED.
So far it looks like we have 11 people potentially interested (depending on where and when).

1) raymo19
2) RED MX5
3) Willie Gee
4) Jimmy Roadster
5) Karl O.
6) E-Z
7) prelewd/s2k
8) JAXrsx
9) negcamber
10) gtg749m
11) MugenRioS2k

Let me know if I missed anyone.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:03 PM

Red MX-5, if we can get a sticky posted somewhere here, I will take a flyer to the next couple Solo 2 events down here (two in July and one in August) and pass them around to try to drum up some interest. Then maybe people outside of S2ki could come here and communicate their interest, or I could take their names and contact numbers and pass them along to you or whomever is in charge.

At least, if the SCCA people don't mind, I don't wanna get kicked out at my second event.

I think Dixie Region is paying $1000 for allowing use of the parking lot at Cecil on Saturdays and Sundays. I know Cordele pretty well and I can't imagine where you found to auto-x there!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:13 PM
E-Z

[QUOTE=Karl O.,Jun 12 2007, 10:03 PM] Red MX-5, if we can get a sticky posted somewhere here, I will take a flyer to the next couple Solo 2 events down here (two in July and one in August) and pass them around to try to drum up some interest. Then maybe people outside of S2ki could come here and communicate their interest, or I could take their names and contact numbers and pass them along to you or whomever is in charge.

At least, if the SCCA people don't mind, I don't wanna get kicked out at my second event.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM

I agree with E-Z. Lets not rush into handing out flyers just yet.

If you want to give someone a link to this thread just use this link ...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=497757&st=0

Quick Reply: Evolution School in South/Central Georgia