S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Evo X to s2000

Old 12-16-2013, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate all the input from you guys. The evoX is definitely a great all around car. I'm still debating on whether or not to trade. I will keep you guys updated.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:44 PM

I guess I should have mentioned that I plan to turbo the s2000 within a year or two, IF I decide to make the jump and trade. So i'm not to hard pressed about taking a power loss until then.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:15 PM

I wouldn't do the trade, you have to much money into the evo and will be taking a big loss. If you get bored of the s2000 again you will take another loss. I think you should be more content with the evo, and later down the line buy another s
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
I wouldn't do the trade, you have to much money into the evo and will be taking a big loss. If you get bored of the s2000 again you will take another loss. I think you should be more content with the evo, and later down the line buy another s
I get what your saying. I would be saving some on my monthly payment by trading for the s2000. I pay 480 a month for the Evo an the s2000 would lower that by about 90 a month. There are just so many upsides to trading the evo, but like stated before i'm still thinking on it.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 PM

If you are going to trade the Evo for an s2000, just take off all of the modifications that you put on. Sell the parts on Craiglist or on eBay, than make the trade. People rather have a stock evo anyways, win win situation.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PndaS2K
I guess I should have mentioned that I plan to turbo the s2000 within a year or two, IF I decide to make the jump and trade. So i'm not to hard pressed about taking a power loss until then.
I was going to say drop the evo and get the S2K since IMO they're more fun to drive (nothing against the evo, they're still plenty fun... just not as raw with all the assists and AWD)... but since you said you're just going to boost the S anyway, I say keep the evo. Evo already has the power you want and it sounds like you'd end up spending all that money on the turbo and installing it, only to turn around and sell it due to car ADD. Save yourself the trouble, keep the evo.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by PndaS2K' timestamp='1387237471' post='22925695
I was going to say drop the evo and get the S2K since IMO they're more fun to drive (nothing against the evo, they're still plenty fun... just not as raw with all the assists and AWD)... but since you said you're just going to boost the S anyway, I say keep the evo. Evo already has the power you want and it sounds like you'd end up spending all that money on the turbo and installing it, only to turn around and sell it due to car ADD. Save yourself the trouble, keep the evo.
The AWD is super fun, I love taking turns at speeds no one else would dare to lol Oh and did I mention snow drifting is AMAZING. The evo does have some good power for being all bolt ons and a tune. I'm not really looking at the money situation due to the fact that i'm not rushing into turbo the S, I say this because I want between 600-700 Whp when I do decide to turbo. Anyways I've always wanted a boosted s2000 ( they are awesome ). Just something about a front engine rwd car that intrigues me so much, plus their a lot easier to work on compared to an evo, i.e clutch job. I would never attempt this on evoX or for that matter any FWD or AWD platform.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Rear wheel drive requires some actual driving skill to keep it on the road.

evo overpriced four door and ugly.
I think evo and wrx have an ugly contest going.

IMO...lol

600-700 hp. how much do you think your gonna need? Kinda overkill for the streets.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bliss
^Rear wheel drive requires some actual driving skill to keep it on the road.

evo overpriced four door and ugly.
I think evo and wrx have an ugly contest going.

IMO...lol

600-700 hp. how much do you think your gonna need? Kinda overkill for the streets.
Not to be a dick, but did you not read the "1st" post, I have experience driving an s2000. If I do trade for the s2000 it won't be a street car, mostly a track car.

Sounds like you've had bad experiences with evo's an sti's. They are both far from ugly.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did read your post. I put imo there bro. You did ask what we think.

Quick Reply: Evo X to s2000