S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Evo X to s2000

Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo X to s2000

Wow has it been a while since i've been on these forums. Well let me start by saying i'm thinking of trading in my 2011 Evo X gsr for another s2000, yes I said another lol I use to own a 2005 sebring silver s2000 then traded it off for a 04 dodge cummins, I then proceeded to trade the truck for my Evo ( I think i have an addiction ). So anyways's i've come across this 2006 laguna blue s2000, dealer wants 19K for it, The car has 46K miles and is a one owner. I'm still debating whether I want to trade my Evo for it. My Evo is slighty modded. The only downfall to this is the s2000 would be my DD until I get another truck. I would just like some honest non bias opinions here. What do you guys think?

P.S I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:37 PM

The transitional period from AWD to RWD is very difficult for some of the Evo/STi guys.. be careful. Otherwise, do what you want, there's a lot of factors that got into what makes a car better, and most of the time it's your own opinion. Just don't try to drive the S2000 like the Evo, you'll regret it when you're spinning out.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Hmm.. youve owned a s2000. If you can list some pros and cons for both, it might help yourself decide. I dont mean to sound like an ass. Im actually interested in your opinion. Ive been debating on getting an evo 9.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Lol, I just went from an Evo X GSR to an s2000. Actually an s2000 and a electric car daily driver. I wanted to no longer use my Evo as both a daily driver and track car so I bought one of my first dream cars the s2000 as my track car and a Fiat 500e lease as a daily driver.

Other reason was watching my friends in their BRZ/FRS/e36 m3's on track and realizing how much the Evo X was cheating for me (I will miss being able to get on the gas super early...)

19k seems around what you would pay for a low mileage 06, maybe a bit on the high side.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I traded in a 12 Sti with 4600 on it for a 07 S2000 with 6k on it. Have not looked back.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 AM

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
The transitional period from AWD to RWD is very difficult for some of the Evo/STi guys.. be careful.
Did you read his post? Reading comprehension on this forum is starting to become a pet peeve.

He actually went from rwd to 4x4 to awd, and is now considering returning to rwd. He already had an S2K. He knows what he is getting (back) into in that regard.

I dd my S, but I have another car for bad weather, like the 8" of snow that just fell. If you have ice/snow where you live, you'll NEED some winter tires to use S year 'round. Get a spare set of wheels to mount them.

That said, a lower mile nice condition '06 is not the car to use as an any weather dd'er. But if its nice where you live, and you can live with the space and cargo limitations, go for it. I would.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 AM

my wife went from sti to brz and loves it and ive always had my s2000. i hated the sti because there was no involvement with the 4wd. the evo is a bit more fun than an sti but still i think its not nearly as fun as a lightweight rwd platform
Old 12-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by caL.D
Hmm.. youve owned a s2000. If you can list some pros and cons for both, it might help yourself decide. I dont mean to sound like an ass. Im actually interested in your opinion. Ive been debating on getting an evo 9.
Yes, I bought an 05 before being deployed over seas, The car sat in storage while I was gone. I came back drove the car for about 3 months from time to time ( wasn't a daily driver ). I then traded it.

s2000:

- Pro's

RWD

Easy to work on

Quality interior ( better than the Evo's )

Convertible with optional hardtop style

Cheap to fix

and it's a HONDA!

- Con's

2 seats ( appose to 4 in the Evo )

Evo X

-Pro's

AWD

S-AWC ( Super all wheel control )

Fast sports sedan

Easy to make power

stock Recaro's

Sexy exhaust note

-Con's

The car is HEAVY ( 3500+ lbs )stock

Expensive to fix

Bad gas mileage ( not that I care ) but filling up every week can get annoying

Cheap interior, besides the recaro's. Again i'm not complaining because I didn't get the car for luxury but some of you who are thinking about getting one might be like WTF especially for a car that costs around 40K

Okay so these are my pro's an con's for both cars, maybe a little bias but these are some realistic things I could think of off the top of my head.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
The transitional period from AWD to RWD is very difficult for some of the Evo/STi guys.. be careful.
Did you read his post? Reading comprehension on this forum is starting to become a pet peeve.

He actually went from rwd to 4x4 to awd, and is now considering returning to rwd. He already had an S2K. He knows what he is getting (back) into in that regard.

I dd my S, but I have another car for bad weather, like the 8" of snow that just fell. If you have ice/snow where you live, you'll NEED some winter tires to use S year 'round. Get a spare set of wheels to mount them.

That said, a lower mile nice condition '06 is not the car to use as an any weather dd'er. But if its nice where you live, and you can live with the space and cargo limitations, go for it. I would.
Thanks for clarifying some misunderstanding's people may have haha. I live in Ohio, Columbus, OH to be exact. We do get snow but nothing crazy like 12+ inches at once, well not in the past few years at least. The car would have to be my DD for a few months until I get an older vehicle to be my DD after that it will become a weekend/ nice day car. I can live with the space limitations, I don't have any kids just me an my wife. Only time I can see space being a factor is for my monthly military drills.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Evo x interior is a little bit disappointing. But that's somwthinf u can get used to, like most things.

Quick Reply: Evo X to s2000