S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Engine blown

Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why? Because they want to get out of fulfilling any obligation they have to you. They would rather spend a couple of grand to discredit you by finding some sign of "abuse" and get out of replacing the engine than do what they are supposed to do. I had them screw me out of a differential replacement on my old MY02 because of "abuse"...
Hopefully everything works out for you. I hope your car is 110% stock. I bet if you had an aftermarket shift knob they would try to deny your claim.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS motor.....DO IT!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMike,May 9 2007, 04:44 PM
No telling how much thrashing the car took its 1st 27K.
There IS a telling of how much abuse the car took between 27k and the present, and it appears to be a lot. I am sure this played no small part in the current state of the engine.

I'm sure what has been posted on the internet is just a small fraction of the probable daily hell this poor car was subjected to. If anyone needs evidence of "abuse", here it is:

Originally Posted by DarkSigma
later as I got close to my exit I noticed some HID's in my rearview, I think it was an Altima, we played around up to like 120, my 4th could not catch him and my 5th didn't reel him in until VTEC kicked in but by then we had run out of clear lanes. At one point he couldn't catch up to me from 3rd to 5th.
what kind of damage am I doing when I am in 1st gear at 6000rpms and rolling along at 30-33mph and just slam on the gas, the rpms jump to redline and the rear tires break loose and the car gets a little sideways.
I dumped it at 6K and left him by 2 cars.....grinded 2nd gear and went straight to 3rd and still beat him by 2 cars, now he may have let off but no way to know.......
I don't even use 6th gear, and if I ever do I go to 5th then to 4th.
So I'm driving home pretty aggresively and I see this white lowered mustang with black rims with some nice deep lips(the wheels not the guy)

At 70 I drop it in 3rd gear and take off.....I had him at the top of 3rd but before I could shift he rocketed right by me by like 2 cars......we went again just to make sure but same results.
Should I be driving aggressively when I leave out for work in the morning, The temps are like 33F and my commute is very short, but there is one winding road that I like to drive spiritedly on in the morning.
I was already ahead doing 77 in 4th, so I hit it. Straight into VTEC the whole time and I look over and I have a nose lead on him the whole time thru 4th. I think he may have been slowly catching up but it was hard to tell because it was happening so fast.

Looked at the speedo and hit 113 at 9K, so I shifted to 5th and he lept ahead of me by 1/3 of a car during the shift.

Traffic reared it's head so we shut down at 125 or so, or at least I did.
I used to chirp 1-2 all the time on the stock wheels, but since I now have 17's and 245 on the rear I have only chirped once, and I wasn't trying to so I have no idea how I worked the pedals to recreate it.
[QUOTE=DarkSigma]Light turns green and I drop it at about 4500rpm, get the jump and hit VTEC, on the shift to second he pulls up next to me, up comes a wide arcing curve, so while I pay attention to that I hit the rev limiter and he flies right by. We talked at the next light and I explain the powerband and stuff like that and we take off at a normal pace at the next light.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are the links to these qoutes, I'm curious?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry10462691

That's just one thread...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 AM

No wonder he threw a rod. He deserves the results of treating a wonderful car that way.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 AM

And this guy thinks he can get through Honda while other people have gotten screwed by doing nothing?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Here is my fav

"Should I be driving aggressively when I leave out for work in the morning, The temps are like 33F and my commute is very short, but there is one winding road that I like to drive spiritedly on in the morning."

Lets go hit Vtec with cold oil every morning on the way to work. LOL
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pwned.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 AM

Quick Reply: Engine blown