S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Encounter with another Suzuka Blue S2k... dissapointing...!!

Old 10-03-2003, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BDMonk
I'm with the "stuck up" chick.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rjm161
Yeah...maybe she's pissed because they reposessed her SL55 and the S2000 is the only thing she can afford
Old 10-03-2003, 06:05 AM

who cares why she bought the car. as a fellow s2ker, joeking was just trying to be friendly. can't blame him for being pissed. bitch.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:15 AM

EXACTLY!! Like I said, I'm not poor... I do well *(not as well as she must be obviously! ... so nor would I discriminate against the rich for having different motivations then the normal people.

What I will rant about, discriminate against, make fun of... etc, is when some thinks that money seperates them or distinguishes them of higher importance than the average man/women!!!
I know people making more money then the could possibly spend in a lifetime, but if you were to meet them in a bar... you'd never know. Completely down to earth, friendly, inviting... Only difference... maybe nicer clothes. Unlike Monk they enjoy kind gestures and people saying "hello". They would never stick there nose up and turn their powdered cheek on someone else if they're not wearing Armani... as she seemed to do!

This lady though... when she smuggingly looked back over at me... I gave her a Cheers with my $.99 McChicken!! ...and drove off...
Old 10-03-2003, 06:30 AM

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Maybe she didn't buy the car. It could be her Hubby's car, and she's "stuck" driving it for some reason. If that's the case, then she would not relate with us, and that would explain her attitude (in part).

It's hard to imagine buying a car like an S2000 if you're not an attention whore.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:57 AM

look what she was wearing: mink, huge gold earrings, and diamond rimmed sun glasses. to her, the car was just another piece of jewelry. she shoulda been driving an SLK. then joeking woulda left her alone, to enjoy her diamonds in peace.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:59 AM

Around me, there is an older guy that drives a Berlina, we wave every time we see each other. I saw a woman driving the only GP White I've ever seen in person. I think by the way she waved at me, she wanted to get to know me "better."

Then there's this a$$hole that drives a Silverstone. Older guy. I came out of the dealership after buying something and he was there also, coming out right behind me. He rides my ass then passes me. I wave, I can tell he can see me, but he doesn't even look over. What a dick. Are these the same people that don't say "Thank you" when you hold the door open for them?

Man, if I lived any closer, I'd say let's all go hang out and drink beers. Cheers.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:06 AM
WPS

maybe she's mad because a kid can afford what a grown woman could??
some ppl are like that though..
Old 10-03-2003, 07:13 AM

My other car is a Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wave is famous. Wranglers are thicker than fleas. At least half of the people don't wave back though. It ain't a big deal.

You know, you walk into the car dealer, plop your money down and come out with a car. That's the only requirement. I happen to feel the guy that bought a Civic deserves as much attention and courtesy as the guy that bought a Pilot, which is by the way, more expensive than our S2000.

Under different circumstances she might have reacted differently. I can fully understand a woman by herself not being friendly, you don't know what's happened to her in the past. You're assuming a lot of things based on your one brief encounter.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Smokee
Under different circumstances she might have reacted differently. I can fully understand a woman by herself not being friendly, you don't know what's happened to her in the past. You're assuming a lot of things based on your one brief encounter.

True... But First Impressions go a long way... regardless of the intent behind them.

Trust me... there are probably a thousand chicks I've met in my 25 yrs who I probably offended or turned off by saying something completely uncharacteriscly retarded to... or simply "rubbed" the wrong way... Do I have the ability or ever the chance to re-introduce myself in a non-downsyndrome fashion, to let her see who I Really am... No. Their impressions were made, and to them I'm a complete a$$hole.

General impression is how we manage to weed out those we choose to not associate ourselves with in this society... Someone could actually be an amazingly cool person, but life is too short to play your cards and wait around long enough to gamble on whether or not you'll like someone. So yah... She might have been raped by her father's "Silver Spoon" as a child... but where is it written that in such a brief encounter... that her past should affect my judement...!?

So... another bitch in the rearview... many more to pull up on... stick and move

Quick Reply: Encounter with another Suzuka Blue S2k... dissapointing...!!