S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Encounter with another Suzuka Blue S2k... dissapointing...!!

Old 10-02-2003, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the first time EVER today... I ran into a new s2k in suzuka blue. (my dealer told me that I would have one of only 3 in the Detroit Metro area). I saw her in Rochester Hills.. and pulled up quick to catch a peek and give a little honk. When I pulled up, I did as I said... but, only to have my laddy fluff her mink jacket and annoyingly glance!! Between the fluff of her coat, the HUGE gold hoops in her ears... and the diamond rimmed sun glasses... i didn't know if I should say nice car... or ask for a loan!! I felt completely retarded, as she gave me a "oh poor boy, must be skipping rent to drive his car" look... Obviously her husband could care less at the standards we S2k owners like to hold! Not to piss on the rich, cause I'm not doin' so bad myself... but the car is NOT meant to be driven by someone who doesn't understand why you should ever take it past 4 grand before shifting...!!

The only other thing that woulda been the icing on the cake... seeing her pink prize winning poodle bark out the window at me!!...

sad days...

Has anyone else ever came across someone like that?
Old 10-02-2003, 09:20 PM

yeah, it is disappointing, especially when you don't see S2000s around that much. (At least I don't anyway)

Amazingly, the only encounters I've had like this have been with women who look like they're in their 40s or 50s and are trying way too hard to impress everyone else around them.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:43 PM

Sorry guys, but I guess I'm in the minority. I could care less why someone buys an S2000. It's why I bought it that matters. If someone cruises up and down the boulevard in their convertible, how does that in any possible way going to change my driving experience?
The car was created for those who desire something that goes beyond the ordinary however, it is quite capable of just tooling around rich women who simply like the way it looks.
Think of it this way, those cars would probably make a good pre-owned choice for someone looking to get into a less expensive S2000 because they haven't been ragged to shit.
Perish the day when someone has to sign a checklist on their driving style before qualifying themselves for an automobile purchase. If that was the case, they'd be a ton of unsold Modenas out there and a helluva lot of 20-somethings unable to buy a car like this simply because a dealership would feel you haven't enough "experience."
These are automobiles fellas, not priceless art. It's not like one is seeing "dogs playing poker" adjacent to the Sistine Chapel. Few love their car more than I but come on now, we ain't driving a Aston Martin, it's a Honda.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:10 PM

I know the lady you are talking about. I used to live in Rochester hills in the Walton/Adams area and I saw her at a light one day. Being friendly I commented "Nice car, not a lot in Suzuka blue around" She gave me a dirty look and rolled up the window. Stuck up %$@#
Old 10-02-2003, 11:21 PM

What a fvcking bitch! Man if i were to pull next to someone and waste my breathe on them commenting their car, they better hope to god they dont roll up the window and give a dirty look. That really pisses me off just reading that. What did you do rallykid and joeking?
oh, and so far, the only s2000 owners i have seen round here have been older men that dont bother to wave back at me when i give a friendly wave. they look more like a deer in headlights.
rashel
Old 10-02-2003, 11:38 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rallykid
I know the lady you are talking about.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:53 AM

I'm with the "stuck up" chick.

1) How do you know that she doesn't know how to drive the car aggressively? Just because she has a fur coat doesn't necessarily mean she hasn't raced cars.

2) It annoys the crap out of me when people I don't know find it necessary to honk at me or rev their engines at me or yell across 3 cars at me. All they are doing is adding to the overabundance of noise pollution in the world. Yes, I know it's a nice car . . . that's why I bought it.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:01 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Not everyone has bought this car for the same reason. Also to imply that only certain types of drivers should buy it is a snobbish thought itself.

Maybe she bought the car because she liked the way it looked. Is there something wrong with that?

And given the society we live in today, I really can't blame someone for ignoring people waving at them or honking horns at them when they don't know them.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:22 AM

Yeah...maybe she's pissed because they reposessed her SL55 and the S2000 is the only thing she can afford

Either way she gets for not buying an automatic...that is worth something in my book even if she is a stuck up b**ch.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BDMonk
I'm with the "stuck up" chick.

Quick Reply: Encounter with another Suzuka Blue S2k... dissapointing...!!