S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Effects of Plexus on plastic windows

Old 04-13-2003, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Effects of Plexus on plastic windows

I have checked out a couple used S2000s with the plastic rear windows. I have researched here, and realize that Plexus is what is used to maintain these plastic windows, but what if the window is already in bad condition? I can barely see out of the plastic windows of some of the cars I have looked at.

Will Plexus clear up plastic windows that have been neglected and are already in poor shape? Anyone have any good "before" and "after" pics of the results Plexus has on neglected plastic windows?
Old 04-13-2003, 04:29 PM

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't think Plexus will restore the window you describe. I would sugg you try Meguiars #17 (cleaner) and #10 (Polish) followed by Plexus.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:00 PM

http://www.properautocare.com/glass---plastic.html

Good luck...
Old 04-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Banned

Funny thing, I don't really care too much for the plastic or glass rear window. Like that one Audi commercial, the rear-view mirror is always pointed to look at me and not to the backview.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It really depends on poor of a shape you window is. If it is really bad, I don't think Plexus can fully restore it to new condition. It can certainly help and well worth the $10.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:16 AM

The cars I have been looking at have a plastic window slightly worse than the one pictured in this link.

http://www.properautocare.com/megplaswinki.html

I just wonder if these products really clean the plastic as well as these pics suggest?

Anyone have any first hand experience with cleaning a plastic window in poor condition?
Old 04-14-2003, 08:38 AM

can't help with cleaning a plastic window that's already in bad shape but I can vouch for Plexus working quite well towards keeping a good plastic window, well.. good.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:49 AM

I bought my S2000 with only 2000 miles, but it seemed as though the previous owner had cleaned the rear window with sand paper. I spent two years working in sheet plastics, so I got out my NOVUS plastic cleaning kit, and wallah I had a near mint window. This stuff is amazing !! I use PLexus for day to day cleaning but if you want to refurbish your window get some NOVUS. See the link for details, but I have no idea whos auction this is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=13727
Old 04-14-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally posted by Lightsped
The cars I have been looking at have a plastic window slightly worse than the one pictured in this link.

I just wonder if these products really clean the plastic as well as these pics suggest?

Anyone have any first hand experience with cleaning a plastic window in poor condition?
Slightly worse?? Keep looking, that rear window looks horrible!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:38 AM

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally posted by Lightsped

While my window still looks new, I did have on small area (size of a quarter) that had scratches. I used Meg 17, then 10 followed by plexus and it came out fine.

Since I had the Meg. 17 and 10, I have since used them on an old turntable dust cover, my wife's CRV Tailights and my daughters front lights. They all came out clean and smooth.

Quick Reply: Effects of Plexus on plastic windows