S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Edited: Can you fit a hockey stick in a s2000 ?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edited: Can you fit a hockey stick in a s2000 ?

Hardtop or Softtop, doesnt really matter, I am debating whether or not I should sell my Type R and buy a s2000.

OK UPDATE: now i know it is possible to fit a hockey stick in the passenger seat... do you think you can fit a hockey stick in the passenger side and have a passenger ride in your car ?? Say a a petite little girlfriend ??
Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 AM

top down you can otherwise prob not
Old 06-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Whats hockey ?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:53 AM

top down no problem, top up I doubt it, but one thing you might want to consider is taking out the spare, that MIGHT give you enough room to shove part of the stick into where the spare goes and then close the trunk.

edit: nevermind, didnt realize the stick is over 5' long, probably won't fit with the spare tire idea, but might be worth a try anyway.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 AM

so in what way will it go in ?? you mean top down having the stick out the car ?? and if top is up, will it go through the cabin and trunk ?? Any pics guys ??
Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 PM

I don't play hockey, but I have an autographed stick, and I just took it out and test fitted it. The stick will definetly not fit in the trunk, but it will easily fit in the passenger seat, top up or down. You will have to angle it to one side or the other of the seat, but it does easily fit. Good luck with the possible purchase!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:03 PM

If I was going to try and haul it, first I'd try the spare tire idea, if that didnt work then I would put the stick in the passenger seat, with one end of the stick in the footwell and the other end poking up probably above the top of the door. You should just take the hockey stick down to the honda dealership and tell them your situation and see if they'll let you try to fit the stick in the car, I would be surprised if they said no.

edit: ^^ looks like it fits no problem then
Old 06-09-2005, 12:57 PM

I fit my hockey bag with all equipment in it, in my S. It sits on the passenger seat. My 2 hockey sticks also fit in there easily (put them in first). And yes, this is with the top up (if it's cold enough to play hockey, it's cold enough to have the roof up!
Put the butt end of the stick in first, angle it towards the top of the driver's head-rest, until the bottom goes in all the way to the back of the passenger's foot space, then move the butt end of the stick back into the passenger's area, then put your hockey bag on the passenger's seat.
Absolutely not a fitment problem! Hope this helps
Old 06-09-2005, 12:57 PM

It fits as described above... I would put the blade up above the pass seat and angle the shaft down into the footwell. I don't know how long my sticks are.. but if I had to guess.. I'd say 62-64 inches. I had a little room to spare. However, I could NOT get my bag into the trunk. I had to take some stuff out. But it's an old school bag with everything just slammed in. Don't plan on giving any teammates a ride
Old 06-09-2005, 01:00 PM

btw - if it's goalie equipment you're looking to put in there, you are probably screwed

Quick Reply: Edited: Can you fit a hockey stick in a s2000 ?