S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DUI driver hurted my baby!

Old 06-27-2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUI driver hurted my baby!

Well it was like any other day me going to work in the morning then comming home with the normal route and what not....but unfortunately it didn't go that way today. As I was taking a left to get into my street I glance at my driver side mirror and noticed that someone is trying to pass on that side WHILE I"M TURNING then before I know it bam I got sideswiped/t-boned. As I get all jittery from being hit I see the driver of the other car walk out and he was a fat hispanic dude maybe in his late 20's and he was walking away from me as I was screaming at him. My brother and co worker was not far from me and they saw the whole thing and was chasing after the guy but he had disappeared into the woods behind my house. Then I noticed that some of the glass had came up from the door and hit me near my left eye as it was bleeding profusely. Then as I look back at my car the whole driver side door is completely demolished as so is my rear quarter panel and somewhat on my rear bumper and my front fender. As for his car he ended up head first into the telephone pole. Later as the ambulance and police came they found out there were beer cans inside of his car so yea a drunk got me and my S. Hope that catch that bastard and hopefully my car can be repaired to its normal self without any paint mismatch dilema. For me it was a trip to the hospital and some stiches took care of me. To all you drivers out you can be the best driver there is but someone else can still mess you up so be careful of your surroundings.....

John

and the jackass's car who hit me......I pray to god they catch him and hopefully he has insurance.....

Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 PM

DAmn dude hope your okay good thing you didnt get directly t-boned or you wouldnt be posting your pictures. i got t-boned before by a big rig but it was on the other side, passenger side caved in almost up to the shift knob was lucky no one was in my car. But ya good luck on the car take care be safe.!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:57 PM

yea thank god it was a sideswipe mostly otherwise I be the one in the ditch and not posting this right now...
Old 06-27-2005, 06:05 PM

wow sounds like me almost today....I got off work from I-5 and I switched lanes to get toward the faster lanes, I get iny lane and I'm accelratingup to 60 and next thing I know this beater truck trys merging into my lane on the freeway and I'm right next to him with him just a lil in front!!! He didnt even look!! I mean I couldnt brake and Im at 60 almost I'm like fuk no room at all and hes going maybe like 30mph since hes in the slow traffic lane...and I didnt even have time to look to my left side but I took the chance and swerved toward the left lane which could have taken out another car but this was better than the 100% front collion that about to take place....(S2ks handling skills whew) took the chance and luckily the cloest cars were just 2 cars behind in that lane but oh fuk that was close and it was like all in slow motion....lol....
Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i got hit by a DUI on memorial day. I got rear ended at 30+. My 2001 was totalled, hence my 2003.

The lady that hit me tried to say that she was not DUI even though the police and hospital staff said she was. It pisses me off when people try to skirt responsibility, much like the fat "homie" who hit you.

He left behind prints and what-not. They'll get him. I'm sure he has a record (and for the racist patrol, it is due to him running...it fits a profile).
Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry it happened life sucks sometimes......there is no way this guy will have
insurance. You will be lucky if he's even caught.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:42 AM

Man..That's horrible. I'm glad to hear you are alright, that's the most important thing..I had a wreck myself at the SESM..In the process now of getting it into a body shop

Good luck with your repairs.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:53 AM
WPS

my bet is he doesnt have insurance. glad you're okay though. keep us updated
Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, since he got away, he can say that it was not him. Therefore, he will probably skirt any convictions.

Batman should pay his ass a visit.