S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Drove 5 hours each way for...

Old 04-10-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spessx
I've got an '01 GPW/Red with factory hardtop that's unmodified, very clean and has been garaged it's whole life. I'm pretty much the original owner. It's not for sale though. It was hard to find GPW/Red 11 years ago when I bought it I can only imagine it's harder now.

With that said, there's a 2002 GPW/Red with factory HT that's parked on the street in my neighborhood. It's been parked in the same spot for months and has at least 100lbs of dirt on it. No kidding. I can tell it's been modified and maybe repainted.

Keep looking, they're out there, it just takes a little longer when you're looking for something very specific.

Best of luck.

-s
Yes, I agree. It is damn near impossible to find one, unless it's an 04+, and even that is becoming very difficult (and I'm not interested in an AP2).

Here's the one I drove to PA and looked at :

My link

It looks good in pics, but it's obvious in person that it has been disassembled/reassembled and repainted. Immediate walk-away upon noticing this. It also has more miles than I'm interested in, but I was going to let that slide if it would've been mint and taken care of.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 PM

Is this GPW?
If so, that was my car that I sold Two years ago. The car had a new top, seats were in great condition, 106,000 miles on it. Only modifications was a tein springs and a CAI. I sold it for 10,500$.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:05 AM

That's not the same car as the ad..
Old 04-11-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to be willing to travel and drive it back. First of all, CA has all your GPW lol and no rusty cars on the west coast.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took me about 2 years searching multiple times every single day to find a moderately clean GPW/tan AP1or AP2 in my area. Ironically, the GPW/red-black was the most common color combo for sale around then just wasn't my cup of tea. They were generally beat to hell though, unfortunately.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Keep looking - they are out there just often RARELY for sale. Those of us with the GPW cars that treat them well really don't want to get rid of them.

This is my 04 AP2, all original paint and non-engine modded with 42k miles. No major flaws other than not enough time to enjoy it over the past 8 years I have had it!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by RHDS2K' timestamp='1397156986' post='23106819
Haven't you ever considered having yours repainted by a really good shop? Mine is getting done in Champ White right now. I have someone that is top tier and i could try to get a hookup for a fellow s2k owner
I've thought about it, and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to make up my mind between Imola and GPW at that point I love Imola Orange as much as GPW, but unfortunately cannot just search for one of those in the U.S. Where are you located out of curiosity? Championship white is beautiful and I'd prefer it to GPW... How much are you paying?
Well it's my buddy so i'm not paying anything It's Croll's Customs in Reading PA area. He was just featured in the Scion Tuner Challenge. He did the First RHD tC and shaved the bay and what knot. He does amazing work. Imola orange is AMAZING. I went back and forth about painting my par that color instead of champ white for weeks. Just decided it would too too weird with the all red interior. If my interior was black i would 100% be going with the Imola.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

+1 sweet GPW for the guy who posted the pictures!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 04-15-2014, 04:26 AM
G2G

I've been looking for months for a GPW on ALL red interior, had one good one slip through my hands and a lot of dealers asking way too much for high mileage cars. Are you in the Southeast as well? I will let you know of any GPW on red/black that I run across, let me know if you find any GPW over all red.

- Steiner
Old 04-15-2014, 08:23 AM
G2G

This has been on sale for several months, may be able to get him to come down on price now: Here

Quick Reply: Drove 5 hours each way for...