S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Door dings, gotta love 'em!

Old 11-26-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stand door dings. I just found a new one today on my driver side rear quarter panel. It just pisses me off that some people think it's okay to hit someone else's car. It was a vehicle that was high off the ground because of where it hit my car (probably a truck).

I think I might be able to push it out some of the way if I remove the trunk trim panels. Can someone confirm this? Can you actually reach the actual "outside" of the rear quarter panel when you remove the trunk trim panels? Does anyone else find that the sheet metal on our cars indents really easily???

Sorry, just felt like venting.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I HATE dings, it ruins the perfectly straight body liine.. If you read my post a couple days back it tells you how 4 cops vandalized my car basically and took off.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:27 AM

You must park far away and use corner spaces to defend your car against those who do not car one bit about the property of others. Even then there are no guarantees.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:48 AM

I drive my girlfriend crazy with my parking habits. But I think she's getting used to walking an extra hundred yards or so. But I saw a sight today that made me cringe. A 360 Modena at the bank, squeezed between two filthy F-350 work trucks. Guess some people have too much money to care.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:36 PM

I had a ding next to the gas tank and was able to go through the trunk and push most of it out.Now, It's still there but you can hardly see it. Still I know it's there and that sucks!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:27 PM

i think i have a ding in the exact same place. only thing is mine is too much toward the front of the car and i'm not able to reach it by removing any panels. would anyone know if paintless dent repair would work on somehting like this?
Old 11-26-2003, 02:28 PM

A good Paintless dent repair shop can do pretty amazing stuff, yes.
I have had it (For several years now) with people with no respect for other people's property and now drive a "beater" car for mundane transportation needs and use my baby for "driving" pleasure only. If I must park my S2000, I just don't care and park in Siberia if necessary and take (yes, so what??) 2 spaces -at least- and for as short a period of time as possible.
It is a pain, but that's the price one has to pay for a nice looking roadster.
Daniel
Old 11-26-2003, 02:31 PM

haha...i'd do that too but i think the people in hawaii would throw a rock at my car. that is pretty amazing...they don't even need to get behind the metal to push it out??
Old 11-26-2003, 02:42 PM

They often do (Get behind the metal) but not necessarily.
Cheers,
Daniel
Old 11-26-2003, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by dangarza
If I must park my S2000, I just don't care and park in Siberia if necessary and take (yes, so what??) 2 spaces -at least- and for as short a period of time as possible.
Daniel

Ooh, you are just ASKING for some halfwit to vandalize your car on purpose when you draw attention to it parking like that. Your call though...

Quick Reply: Door dings, gotta love 'em!