S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does the S2k just look damn fast?

Old 11-01-2002, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your biatch@ss neighbour got sum serious attitude prob

I say next time you drive by, just totally ignore him, dont even bother arguing with ppl like him. If he still bugs you, rev ya engine, smile to him and show him the finger
Old 11-01-2002, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I am not one for confrontation... but I think going by his house 3:00 a.m. and wrapping my motor out to 9k with my intake roaring, sure would be alot of fun. By the way I forgot to state the posted speed limit is 30 MPH. What I think I will do is take an alternate route, at the same time I have been going home this way for four years why should I change because of some hillbilly MF.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:27 AM

Write him a letter explaining that both times that he came out to tell you to slow down that you looked down and were going 31 and 32. Send him an S2000 brochere high-lighting the sections that talk about the 9000 rpm engine. This will show him that you appreciate his concern and your car.
I have had people yell at me when I was going under the speed limit. Its hard to not yell back.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:59 AM

Confrontation is probably a bad idea... but changing your route because of this dickhole is even worse.

When people like this win, they feel justified with their approach and attitude.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hootsama,
You're right. It's like a dog and a mailman. Dog barks at the mailman, and the mailman leaves. That's his job. The dog begins to think that the mailman is leaving because of the barking. Now mailmen are afraid of dogs.

Try to get a video of your speedo and the guy freaking out. Then show it to him.
Or you could kill his dog.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ignore him if you can. Don't call him jeallous!

If you can't, take recording medium (camcorder, or camera and tape recorder).

If he stops you, tell him unless he has a radar detector he has no right to estimate your speed and harass you.

A neighbor has a right to ask you to drive more safely around his house if he feels you are not. But they don't have a right to repeatedly harass you if you have informed him you ARE obeying the speed limit and it is his poor judgement regarding the looks and sound of your car.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:47 AM

And what exactly are you trying to say by he probably voted for bush?????
Old 11-01-2002, 10:01 AM

Incubus, Thanks for the laugh. I like the brochere idea, or maybe I'll kill his dog. I will not change my direction of travel and I will continue to go by his home at 30-32 MPH. At the same time, you all should of seen this guy go off!! I would swear he needs counceling or some type of anger managment. To blow up over something like this just really makes me think. I would not put it past him to do something really stupid, like pull a gun.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:18 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I think our car does look fast - even standing still. I was just tooling through the Arboretum (nice road in Seattle) at the speed limit - there were way too many cars around for me to speed. A moron in a minivan almost pulled out in front of me, then stops and yells at me to "slow down!"

I just gave him the bird - my wife may have as well hehe... didn't want to further embarrass him because he had his family with him. dumbass...

jealousy and stupidity are ugly, ain't they?
Old 11-01-2002, 12:28 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Take him for a ride in the car, stay at all speed limits, maybe this will curb his attitude twards you.

Quick Reply: Does the S2k just look damn fast?