S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does anyone else get this?

Old 08-06-2004, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the other Hondas (mostly Accords but some Civics) with coffe can exhausts get next to me on the freeway, down shift their slush box then floor it- making all kinds of noise and sloooowly pull away from me.
I can just see the posts on other posts about me: 'SMOKED A S2000 YO! This old guy in a blk S2000 thought he could take me but I gots mad SKILLLZZZ!!!!'
The other car that seems to elevate the a-hole quotient are Lexus IS300s. I was coming up on one on as the 52 merges onto the 805. I slow to match his speed so as not to get in a drag for the inside line. This guy sees me and maintains his speed. As we get to the merge, I think 'at least he is not slowing to make the gentle curve, when he realizes we are doing about 80 and SLAMS on his brakes. He was going well within the capabilities of his car but obviously not within his comfort zone.
I miss the MINI when everyone knew they could beat me 0-60 and didn't pick on me.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtSaunders,Aug 5 2004, 09:04 PM
Yup this is the low-down here in Chicago for your 1-4 list:

1. f-ing early 90s mustang driven by the grease-ball who always looks like he just pulled himself from under the drainage pit at local Quick-Lube. Tell me why that mullet is cool?

2. mid 90s Civic w/coffee-can pipe driven by 300lb 18yo driving w/parking lights on in broad daylight...more than not including Pizza Hut roof sign in "blink" mode.

3. early 80's Firebird/TA driven by "Larry" from 3'Company. That TA was bad-as$......20 years ago dude. So was that REO Speedwagon your blastin' buddy. Step-up-to-my-microphone.

4. "Any and all" late-model Dodge Ram full-size p/u male drivers. 9 times out of 10 Boss Hog is driving.

I'll add #5: Soccer mom in Lexus SUV who has NO IDEA where she is but knows exactly where to land those backhands in the seat behind her as she swerves from lane to lane. Thinks she is the ONLY car on the road.

Sorry guys, my commute is really frustrating. The venting helps.
BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Dude you just discribed the people I see on my morning commute
Old 08-06-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NikePenguin,Aug 6 2004, 04:27 PM
That one really annoys. Heard on the radio this morning just before I left home:

"101 south at Capitol... two car crash in the center divide... southbound traffic moving right along but northbound traffic slow as people rubberneck..."

WTF?!? cuz I was going to be stuck behind that in a few minutes.
I always tell my wife when traffic backs up for rubbernecking:

"There'd better be body parts and brains splattered all over the road when we get there"

Sick I know, but I can get my fill of an accident site by peripheral vision. I'm more worried about the a-hole in front of me.

Another close call was on the 118, where some broad wearing Daisy Duke cutoffs stalled out on the side of the freeway. She was bent over reaching in the driver's door for something on the passenger seat. You could imagine the view.

Some a-hole in a pickup slams on the brakes at the *end* of the on-ramp just to get a gooood looong look. Remember those cartoons where the eyes would pop out of the wolf's head on springs? That's what he looked like. I nearly had to scrape myself off the bed of his truck.

Now we have to merge with 70MPH+ traffic on a busy freeway from 5MPH with about 40 feet of on-ramp ahead of us.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

While we're talking about bad drivers, I need to rant. I've spent most of the past 3 or 4 weeks here in the Miami area. Driving here is downright brutal. People don't let you merge, they tailgate, they don't move over for faster traffic, and they'll practially take your front bumper off if they want to be in your lane. If traffic is moving at 65-70, there are people *constantly* weaving through at 90. Everyone passes on whatever side they please (and you often have to pass on the right, there's no slower-traffic-keep-left law). Basically, everyone is plain inconsiderate. I thought we had it bad in SoCal, especially LA, but that's nothing compared to here. Maybe the fear of road rage keeps people in line or something.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I've also noticed that they seem to have A LOT of accidents on the freeways. I wonder why.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Community Organizer

I seem to get a lot of that, too. People that won't let me move over, even with my turn signal on, people that try to match my speed, even if I accelerate to move over a lane, etc...

I think it's the fact that my car is yellow...

I don't seem to have these problems when I'm driving my daily beater/tow vehicle, which is a '98 4-door Chevrolet Blazer.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:50 PM

here... you get people that cut you off and slow down when you're hauling ass. we also get the person in the left lane going 50mph in a 55mph zone matching speeds with the person to his/her right.... so you can't pass. and they all wonder why we have so much traffic...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I'm glad it's just not me. Everyone seems to be driving like they're in a Fast and Furious movie. They need to realize that that is Hollywood stunt driving. The rest of us are trying to stay alive and enjoy our cars.
Stay safe and watch our for the fool next to you.
cruise with attitude and caution