S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does anyone else get this?

Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Aug 6 2004, 05:29 AM
Here in SC, you've always got the jack@$$ going 60 in the 70 in the left lane just off the rear bumper of a tractor trailer that can't get up the hill any faster. Meanwhile, as you're starting to push the guy, you've got another jack@$$ coming up on your butt doing about 90-95 flashing his lights, like I'm really going to move for him. So when he finally decides he can't do anything else but ride my @$$ at 5 feet (along with the row of cars not behind him), you've got jack@$$ #3 flying up on the right, and then squeezing his dually in between jack@$$ #1 and my front bumper.

Daily occurrence. Bunch of jack@$$es.
let's say you only have jack@$$ #1 and jack@$$ #2. I do move over, if space allows. so now the idiot gets stuck behind the tractor trailer, and eventually gets boxed in, his fault for not looking ahead in the first place.

-= joe =-
Old 08-06-2004, 07:39 AM

well in the uk I get it too..

#1 idiots sat in the middle land of the motorway.. i cut across there front into the inside lane.. Not too close, and not too fast, but the point it made.

#2 BMW drives who have to sit on my ass on the m-way always trying to get past even thou im in the fast lane with a queue of ten cars infront of me.

#3 dual carrageways to roundabouts.. so many people think they just go straight across and cut the other lane right up.. espically in swindon (where i work) the city with the most roundabouts in the world..

#4 old people weaving all over the road..

#5 when we are in my misses little beater car, people seem to have no even less respect..

#6 Oh and me.. for backseat driving when my misses is behind the wheel

Note.. i missed things like tractors, HGV's etc etc.. they have a righ to be on the road.. its idiots that don't

i have to chill out on the road.. too many idiots, my misses calls me the road vigilante... as i like to point out to people where they have gone wrong.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:02 AM

Our Brit friend brings up a great point....roundabouts aka traffic circles.

These are not very common place here in the US but certain places do have an abundance of them. Seems they like them here on the SC coast. I can't tell you how many times I have almost been hit in a two lane traffic circle by some jacka$$ cutting from the outside lane to the inside so they don't have to slow down as much. Now I do this all the time in my truck, but every time I do it I make sure I am the only one around.

I hate these things and live in an area where they are a way of life. Heck the road I live off of has 2 of them. What a serious waste of road...

Old 08-06-2004, 09:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm depressed.

Shortly after I got my car (May '03), I saw some people doing aggressive moves and all, but by the summer, the S2000 novelty must have worn off in Los Angeles: no one ever asks me "what kind of car is that?" anymore, and G35s no longer like to match speed and rev me on the freeways (morons).

My biggest peeve (which almost got me killed, BTW) was on the 10 back from the Arizona meet. A big-ass Allied moving truck decides to pass someone in front of them, right when I was about 1/3 - 1/2 the way of passing the truck myself.

I was already on the warning track with the left wheels amost in the dirt at 75+MPH, and after heavy braking, the tail end of the truck just clearing my hood.

I was visible to the driver, because I could see him in his mirrors when I passed him up at the next opportunity.

The biggest "California Driver" problems:

1. All that crap you saw in L.A. Story? Most of it is more true than not.
2. If I leave a carlength between me and the car I am following, someone will consider it worthwhile to change lanes into that space if my lane is moving slightly faster - simultaneously cutting me off and tailgating another driver at the same time.
3. SUV drivers are becoming more aggressive lately (or at least I am noticing it now). I am in the #1 lane, they are in the #3 lane. An opening appears in lane #2, I signal and go. Halfway in, the SUV (without signalling at all) will muscle in and shove me out of the lane.
4. Hills. People don't understand that more gas is needed to go up them and maintain speed.
5. Beaters. If the posted speed limit is 65, get that crappy-ass thing doing 45 MPH off the freeway!
6. Rubbernecking. Everyone gripes about traffic jams and all, but jeez, does everyone need to slow down for every ticket or tire change on their commute?
7. Cellphone users. Most of them are not bad, but the ones that are drive like they are blindfolded.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by GodoftheBOLP,Aug 5 2004, 08:24 PM
How could you forget the ever so important machine gun between the whipers?
Where did you get the video camera and mount?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarod -
I get the same thing. Maybe it's how we drive but I doubt it. I keep my car as clean as I can and I have had a lot of people give me the the thumbs up as I'm driving. This is not usual though. I get all of the other bad behavior you mentioned. I don't understand it either. I just try and flow with the traffic and noooooo fancy, weaving or driving. Must be the car. Ha!
cruise with attitude
Old 08-06-2004, 12:49 PM

The other pet peeve is people thinking it's ok to sit on my car. I think I'm going to carry a small aluminum baseball bat in the trunk to fend off idiots.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rworne,Aug 6 2004, 10:22 AM
6. Rubbernecking. Everyone gripes about traffic jams and all, but jeez, does everyone need to slow down for every ticket or tire change on their commute?
That one really annoys. Heard on the radio this morning just before I left home:

"101 south at Capitol... two car crash in the center divide... southbound traffic moving right along but northbound traffic slow as people rubberneck..."

WTF?!? cuz I was going to be stuck behind that in a few minutes.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:33 PM

I get that kind of stuff occasionally too. I see some shmuck weaving between lanes to catch up to me and as soon as they pass me they go back to normal speed. It's like they put all this effort into getting passed you just so you can see their car? I don't get it. They're just jealous I guess
Old 08-06-2004, 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=SgtSaunders,Aug 5 2004, 06:04 PM]"Any and all" late-model Dodge Ram full-size p/u male drivers.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get this?