S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does anyone else get this?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarod,Aug 5 2004, 10:42 PM
You got any other pics of your rear spoiler? Looks pretty cool from what I can tell and I've never heard of it before.
I too think that spoiler is worth another look.

And BTW, I've experianced all 4 points.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by SgtSaunders,Aug 5 2004, 06:04 PM
2. mid 90s Civic w/coffee-can pipe driven by 300lb 18yo driving w/parking lights on in broad daylight...more than not including Pizza Hut roof sign in "blink" mode.
Very true! It seems usually the louder the exhaust the older the Civic or Sentra is. I get this all the time; I feel like a 18 wheeler......If I'm not doing 80+ people tailgate me something fierce.

They fly by me thinking their Chevy 85' special edition pick-up is faster, then at the next red light they won't even look at me cuz they know they look silly.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jarod,Aug 5 2004, 06:23 PM
1. Drivers matching your speed
2. Drivers swerving through traffic to catch up
3. Drivers who drove X mph, but then as soon as you pass them, they speed up to pass you
4. Drivers speeding up to prevent you from getting into their lane.
That is hilarious! All those happen to me daily.

My solutions have evolved into:
Keep in mind that I would never exceed the posted speed limit and I do make full signal lane changes.

1. Other drivers have a hard time matching my speed with a few timely lane changes.

2. I usually safely decrease my speed to slow down the column of traffic behind me. Then switch lanes and slow down a different lane... If you pay attention to your rear-view, you can effectively block their advances with a column of cutlass supremes and toyota camrys....

3. and 4. Watch for these morons, be ready in the proper gear, and rip past their poorly accelerating cars while staying below the posted speed limit. My favorite thing is being in the left lane on the highway behind two cars. The car in front of me thinks he's a stud so when the middle lane opens up he "guns it" to pass. Usually these cars are turbo beetles, dodge intrepids, regular mustangs... they get mad when you safely signal lane changes and change over two lanes (sequentially, pausing in each lane for safety) and out accelerate them like they were standing still. I usually give them a "bye bye" as I go past. Lots of frustrated looks from the drivers. Esp if they have lady-folk in the car with them. Oh well.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:31 AM

My main complaint is the guy in left lane (almost always in a minivan) who is goes 60 in a 65 zone and is staying right beside a car in the right lane going 60 also.

He wont pull over and there is a line of cars behind him.

Heck, in most states it is road rage if you flash your lights at them.

I don't know if it is considered road rage but when I finally get past them in the right lane, I point to them and then point to the right lane

Dean
Old 08-06-2004, 03:52 AM

[QUOTE=jarod,Aug 5 2004, 06:23 PM] I never get this when I'm driving my beater celica, but in the S2K I sure get a lot of moronic driving behavior from other drivers. Here are some examples:

1. Drivers matching your speed
2. Drivers swerving through traffic to catch up
3. Drivers who drove X mph, but then as soon as you pass them, they speed up to pass you
4. Drivers speeding up to prevent you from getting into their lane.

On the way to an autocross in my Ford F-250 diesel crew cab with the S2000 on a trailer (race tires mounted at home where there's an air compressor), I had a guy checking out the car on one side, from the rear, on the other side, pull forward, drop back, and so on, and then put the hammer down ...... well, I coulda taken him if my exit hadn't been coming up so soon!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in SC, you've always got the jack@$$ going 60 in the 70 in the left lane just off the rear bumper of a tractor trailer that can't get up the hill any faster. Meanwhile, as you're starting to push the guy, you've got another jack@$$ coming up on your butt doing about 90-95 flashing his lights, like I'm really going to move for him. So when he finally decides he can't do anything else but ride my @$$ at 5 feet (along with the row of cars not behind him), you've got jack@$$ #3 flying up on the right, and then squeezing his dually in between jack@$$ #1 and my front bumper.

Daily occurrence. Bunch of jack@$$es.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:58 AM

To those asking about the Spoiler, It is called a Heckspoiler from a company in Germany called TSS Tuning, When they first came out they had piss poor quality and terrible customer service - I bought one from a member who actually got a replacement from the company and I had mine cleaned up at a body shop! Nice looking design in my opinion - I believe TSS still operates but unless you have a friend that is fluent in German they will be difficult to obtain but not impossible though! here is a link to them in our Gallery
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=m...y&cmd=sc&cat=50

Back on subject

Maybe I just don't drive it enough - I thought I did but most of my problems are just slow drivers and tourists here in Orlando and that has made me very defensive in the city but when the road clears up I become an offensive and like to drive fast and still no challenges from other cars - If I do have a highway run I have to instigate it and I can only recall just a couple in my two years of ownership.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:07 AM

I get a lot of that crap too... the stuff that most happens when I'm driving my s2000 is

*people staring at my car while driving next to me and slowly coming into my lane. I'm the only female around here that drives an s2k, so I guess it's cool or something. whatever.

*people ALWAYS revving on me and taking off at a high rate of speed at stop lights, while driving, anywhere.. then i get pulled over and have to explain to the cop I wasn't trying to street race and that the idiot was trying to get me to.

*I NEVER get let over into other lanes, I have to force myself into other lanes, or just take backroads where ever I am going because NOBODY ever lets me over.

*people following me every where i go... to ask me.. "what kind of car is that?" and their wreckless about it, cause they'll weave through traffic , cut people off, and almost cause wrecks just to follow me to where i am going, or pull up next to me to ask, "what kind of car is that?"

when i'm in my truck or my 88 celica nobody ever does that stuff, makes me not want to drive my S
Old 08-06-2004, 05:18 AM

Being from rural Louisiana where real sports cars of any kind are hard to find I usually end up getting pestered by pickup trucks mostly. Usually pickup trucks with 100lbs of beer cans and all sorts of garbage which takes the opportunity at highway speeds to escape the bed of the truck in favor of hitting your car. Pickups, old people in buicks, and certain people in old run down cadilacs with VERY shiny wheels and worn out paint jobs. The main issue I encounter is hanging in the left(FAST) lane going usually 10 below the posted limit. Backing up traffic for a 1/4 mile. I usually wait patiently for about 5 minutes after that I move on to flashing the lights.
As always as soon as they pass the cars in the right lane I make a run for the gap and OFCOURSE they speed up. This happened just the other day with the a-hole in question being a dead ringer for Billy Ray Cirus driving a v6 chevy ext cab. After about 5-6 miles of following this jackass he finally passes the car he has been mirroring and I switch lanes to go around him. Well he looks over at me and floors it! I just left it in 6th and went right around him going up the over pass. I mean seriously folks... People either seem to love or hate this car I can't figure it out sometimes.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:28 AM

I mean seriously folks... People either seem to love or hate this car I can't figure it out sometimes.
They're all just jealous.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get this?