S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does anyone else get this?

Old 08-05-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Does anyone else get this?

I never get this when I'm driving my beater celica, but in the S2K I sure get a lot of moronic driving behavior from other drivers. Here are some examples:

1. Drivers matching your speed
2. Drivers swerving through traffic to catch up
3. Drivers who drove X mph, but then as soon as you pass them, they speed up to pass you
4. Drivers speeding up to prevent you from getting into their lane.

This morning I had situation #4. I've seen this car every once in awhile during my morning commute. I know his exit...karma's gonna be a bitch the next time he needs to exit.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:03 PM

It's weird. I actually get more attitude when I'm driving my 4Runner than when I'm in the S2000. People changing lanes right in front of me, not letting me in on the freeway, BS like that.

1. I drive too slow for people to want to match my speed. Seriously. I can't tell you how much CHP action I've seen in the last two weeks. Saw someone get pulled over this morning, actually.

2. Never noticed anyone swerving to catch up with me.

3. Depends on the MPH

4. Typically in the 4Runner, but rarely in the S2000. If that does happen, I'm like - Fine, I'll just go road rage psycho and follow you as long as I can. I'll keep a car length or three behind, just enough so I got you in my sights, and match your lane changes. If I've got nothing better to do, yeah I'll slow up to match your speed and lane change.

That's just me.

-= joe =-
Old 08-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its cuz our cars are soooo dope, everyone wants to be near you to check it out! nobody's gonna speed up to check out a beater celica!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:50 PM

Maybe it is a location thing, I can't figure it out because when I drive the S nobody ever messes with me - I feel quite invisible - My car doesn't look stock either! I have a J's C/F hood, rollbars, Work Emotions,amuse lip, TSS Heckspoiler and am supercharged! Go figure!

Old 08-05-2004, 06:04 PM

I think that all other drivers besides me are crazy j/k...Maybe it's just me, but I find it just hilarious when someone does the speed up thing. Especially when they look at you like "Hey you want to race?"

I find that I'm better off not knowing how many people can kick my ass in a race, that way I can say I've never lost.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:04 PM

Yup this is the low-down here in Chicago for your 1-4 list:

1. f-ing early 90s mustang driven by the grease-ball who always looks like he just pulled himself from under the drainage pit at local Quick-Lube. Tell me why that mullet is cool?

2. mid 90s Civic w/coffee-can pipe driven by 300lb 18yo driving w/parking lights on in broad daylight...more than not including Pizza Hut roof sign in "blink" mode.

3. early 80's Firebird/TA driven by "Larry" from 3'Company. That TA was bad-as$......20 years ago dude. So was that REO Speedwagon your blastin' buddy. Step-up-to-my-microphone.

4. "Any and all" late-model Dodge Ram full-size p/u male drivers. 9 times out of 10 Boss Hog is driving.

I'll add #5: Soccer mom in Lexus SUV who has NO IDEA where she is but knows exactly where to land those backhands in the seat behind her as she swerves from lane to lane. Thinks she is the ONLY car on the road.

Sorry guys, my commute is really frustrating. The venting helps.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by SgtSaunders,Aug 5 2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry guys, my commute is really frustrating. The venting helps.
Thanks for sharing. You totally crack me up. I'm up here in Northern California (SF Bay Area). We might not get our share of Larrys, Oil Changer Charlies, etc.. but we sure do have a h3ll a lot of Soccer Mom Marys, and Delivery Boy Dannys.

The other morning on 680S (we're talkin, 4:30am here) a newer TL wants to play. I set my cruise control and took a couple sips of my tea. I was a little tempted into chasing him off the freeway and having some fun up Crow Canyon Road but I really had to get to work
Old 08-05-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by nzaizar,Aug 5 2004, 05:50 PM
Maybe it is a location thing, I can't figure it out because when I drive the S nobody ever messes with me - I feel quite invisible - My car doesn't look stock either! I have a J's C/F hood, rollbars, Work Emotions,amuse lip, TSS Heckspoiler and am supercharged! Go figure!

How could you forget the ever so important machine gun between the whipers?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by nzaizar,Aug 5 2004, 05:50 PM

You got any other pics of your rear spoiler? Looks pretty cool from what I can tell and I've never heard of it before.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jarod,Aug 5 2004, 04:23 PM
I never get this when I'm driving my beater celica, but in the S2K I sure get a lot of moronic driving behavior from other drivers. Here are some examples:

1. Drivers matching your speed
2. Drivers swerving through traffic to catch up
3. Drivers who drove X mph, but then as soon as you pass them, they speed up to pass you
4. Drivers speeding up to prevent you from getting into their lane.
I've experienced all of that too.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else get this?