S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do it yourself Spoiler Install

Old 08-20-2001, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do it yourself Spoiler Install

One of these day's I'd like to order the rear spoiler and side strakes from H&A, since they have it the cheapest so far. However, I don't want a dealer to install it, because they will charge unreasonable install costs and plus I dont' trust dealers. Is there anyone here who knows how to do, has done it themselves and would charge a reasonable price?
Old 08-20-2001, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redleader, while I didn't install my oem spoiler, I watched as the boys at King took it off when they put the Mugen spoiler on. It attaches via two bolts, which require drilling obviously, near the outer edges of the trunk and spoiler.

Should be a no-brainer if you get the measurements just right. There are also two holes towards the middle, but I don't THINK they were used for mounting the spoiler. In fact, I'm not at all sure why they are there, actually. They had to silicone those up and make sure they were leakproof.

Anyway, shouldn't be hard. Just gotta have the right measurements for the drilling.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:10 PM

redleader,

H and A has the .pdf instructions online, e.g.:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2kspoiler.pdf

Like greg says, it involves drilling through the trunk lid. You also have to change the spring (so the trunk will stay open with the added weight.

Regarding the side strakes, several members have reported problems with them (breaking, falling off, etc.), and as they also require drilling holes, please be very sure that you want them.

Ted
Old 08-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I missed the part about the strakes...

JUST SAY NO!

I have torn BOTH of those damn things off...not on purpose.

I like the look of them, but there are giant holes for these damn things to attach!

Get some OTHER kind of skirts...stay the hell away from the strakes! I'm waiting on a set of Comptech skirts...they look great.

(yes, it's a touchy subject for me!)

Old 08-20-2001, 09:34 PM

thanks for the warning on the strakes. I've heard complaints from others on the forum, but doggonit, I like the way they look.

Well, at least not getting them saves another several hundred bucks!