S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do you ever get bored with the s2000?

Old 09-25-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned the car for a year. I've driven several cars in the 50 years that I've had a license and I can honestly say I have not, and doubt very much, that I will ever be bored driving this car. There are more expensive and prestigious cars out there, but when I consider all the qualities that make, for me, a unique and rewarding driving experience, nothing compares to the S-2000.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only had mine since March, but I never get sick of driving it. I have a "DD" that never gets used as a DD because I can't keep myself out of the S. I take it to work, I take it grocery shopping, running other errands. Even my fiancée hates taking her car places because she wants to ride in the S. I actually enjoy it more everyday I drive it. It's like I get to know it a little bit more everyday. Granted it's a 2006 with a Polk audio system, so it's got some more creature comforts than a MY2000. But this is also the same guy who drove a 93 civic cx with no A/C, PS, power locks/windows, or windshield washer fluid for years as my first car and loved every minute of it. I still own it and plan to have it running again *eventually*. So I may just be a minimalist. I'm also only 21 so maybe it's just my inner kid.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverstone_f22
I have only had mine since March, but I never get sick of driving it. I have a "DD" that never gets used as a DD because I can't keep myself out of the S. I take it to work, I take it grocery shopping, running other errands. Even my fiancée hates taking her car places because she wants to ride in the S. I actually enjoy it more everyday I drive it. It's like I get to know it a little bit more everyday. Granted it's a 2006 with a Polk audio system, so it's got some more creature comforts than a MY2000. But this is also the same guy who drove a 93 civic cx with no A/C, PS, power locks/windows, or windshield washer fluid for years as my first car and loved every minute of it. I still own it and plan to have it running again *eventually*. So I may just be a minimalist. I'm also only 21 so maybe it's just my inner kid.
You haven't driven it through a winter season... lol
Old 09-29-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I made a rule never to drive the S in the rain or snow intentionally. So when it rains for a few days or the entire week, I really miss the S. So if you're getting bored, you're probably trying to daily drive it and aren't driving it properly or hard enough. Thats why I also made a rule that when I'm driving the s, I'm making the miles count and having fun.

Also, as soon as I supercharged my s several years ago, I had the realization that I would keep this car as long as I can drive. I have a permanent smile on my face and it just won't go away :-)
Old 09-29-2015, 03:54 PM
RLT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I made it a rule only to drive the S2000 for fun. No driving in the rain. Don't use it for anything practical such as running an errand. Don't take it on the interstate unless driving to a car show or a S2000 meeting, etc etc. So every time I drive the car it feels like a new vehicle.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Driving it for errands, DD use, driving in the rain, etc. I always have fun in the car; I always find little windows to enjoy some aspect of it. I currently carpool so it hasn't seen much DD use this year, but I still take as many opportunities to drive it as I can. I'll never be bored with this car.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkelley
Originally Posted by silverstone_f22' timestamp='1443501948' post='23760582
You haven't driven it through a winter season... lol
True, but I live in North Carolina. So the one baby snow a year is about the extent of that. It does get cold, but the S2000 has great heat. I will still try my best to use the Civic in the winter instead, definitely if there is anything remotely close to snow or any winter precipitation for that matter. I just find it an enjoyable car to just be in no matter what. I bought it to use it not to park it, thats my philosophy. Plus the amount of money I pay in insurance a month, I'd better get my monies worth and drive it.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fokker
Driving it for errands, DD use, driving in the rain, etc. I always have fun in the car; I always find little windows to enjoy some aspect of it. I currently carpool so it hasn't seen much DD use this year, but I still take as many opportunities to drive it as I can. I'll never be bored with this car.
So much this.

GF: I want Taco Bell
Me: K, BRB
(10 mins later)
GF: Back already? That was fast!
Me: I know
Old 10-05-2015, 03:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Have anyone felt this way? If so, how did you get past it?
Got in it and drove it
Old 10-05-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

On the way to autocross. Always bores me as it is mindless driving on the highway. Then about 3 seconds into the first run I forget about the 1 hour of mindlessness.

Quick Reply: Do you ever get bored with the s2000?