S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do you ever get bored with the s2000?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeekiM
The only thing I get tired of (and maybe that falls into the "bored" bucket) is the low torque launch of my S...

I am not asking for a rocket, mind you...but I think the car would be a little more exciting if it had a tad bit more oomph in the normal day-to-day launch from stoplights, etc...
IMHO, a low boost supercharger setup is probably the best mod for this car if that's what you want.

It's been as reliable as stock, and after 95000 miles it's still on the original clutch. Sure, you can go with more boost, get a standalone ECU, big injectors and tune it...but then you have extra things breaking and won't pass emissions if required.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
I know the s2000 is a pretty special car, but even it can sometimes get boring. Have any of you all felt this way after a couple years of ownership?
Nope.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheck44
Guys, I can tell you from experience that ANY car that you drive frequently is going to get boring, and you can never have enough horse power.
Take for example my below full out pro touring 69' Camaro that I will be selling in the spring (and buying an S2000 possibly). This car has 800 hp and 800+ foot pounds of torque, it's absolutely insane to drive, it gets more attention than a Lambo and still I'm looking to get into something new next year ... Like a hot girlfriend, it's only a matter of time before your looking elsewhere LOL

Wow, with that car you should be able to have both.
But maybe with no money left over.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting to the point of boredom also. But like others have mentioned, I daily it so it's expected. I am hoping to save enough to get an compact SUV such as a first gen rdx or crv.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

I know the s2000 is a pretty special car, but even it can sometimes get boring. Have any of you all felt this way after a couple years of ownership? This is my second s2000 and I've probably put about 3 years of seat time between the two cars. I have urges to purchase a new car, perhaps something domestic, coupe, or 4 doored machine; however, I do not want to start making car payments again.

Have anyone felt this way? If so, how did you get past it?
No I haven't, even after 12 years of owning the same one, ive boosted it and gone back to N/A, and although I kind of miss the top end thrust of 450whp with my SC, its still way more fun overall then a domestic coup or 4 door anything. You need to take the S to the track or something, actually push the car to its limits, its way more engaging, rewarding and fun there then just about anything else. Your bored with the car because your just cruising around in it, and it will be no different in something else in a few months after the new car smell wears off, except that then you will have the added regret of selling the S.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, with that car you should be able to have both.
But maybe with no money left over.
[/quote]

You got that right !!
Just to put it in perspective, here is the one vehicle I will never sell, It doesn't go over 60mph and 0-60 takes about 2 days ... that said it's the most fun car I've ever had.

1966 Toyota FJ40
Old 09-20-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Dang! You have some beautiful cars! A lot of people here said that they have multiple cars to not feel bored. I don't have the luxury yet! But I am feeling something different though. Perhaps I need to add perspective to my taste of cars
Old 09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by Gotpepsi' timestamp='1442520442' post='23750070
I know the s2000 is a pretty special car, but even it can sometimes get boring. Have any of you all felt this way after a couple years of ownership? This is my second s2000 and I've probably put about 3 years of seat time between the two cars. I have urges to purchase a new car, perhaps something domestic, coupe, or 4 doored machine; however, I do not want to start making car payments again.

You need to take the S to the track or something, actually push the car to its limits, its way more engaging, rewarding and fun there then just about anything else.
Right here

Sometimes I loathe the idea of driving this car to work, anytime I won't be truly focused on the drive, or not being able to get the feeling right
Old 09-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Drive faster.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheck44
You got that right !!
Just to put it in perspective, here is the one vehicle I will never sell, It doesn't go over 60mph and 0-60 takes about 2 days ... that said it's the most fun car I've ever had.

1966 Toyota FJ40
Dude that ting is sick. I don't even know what it is. Out of curiosity, how much would the market value that thing right now as it is? It looks like the type of vehicle that you may have the nicest one in the state or region you're in so I wouldn't sell it if I were you either lol. Looks fun

Quick Reply: Do you ever get bored with the s2000?