S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do people TAILGATE the S more?

Old 09-07-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry04,Sep 6 2006, 10:45 PM
Damn X just saw your Sig even more whp now with the same psi as before huh, 342. and 222.
Good stuff man

Marcus
Thanks bro , I gained a few ponies with the new exhaust, but it was also dyno'd when it really hot and humid out. Did you install your headgasket yet? I want to install mine so I can crank up the boost, but I don't have the time.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only people/cars who tailgate me like crazy are soccer moms in their f'in lifted suv trying to squeeze me out in the fast lane while I'm doing the speed limit. I feel like whipping out
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Tailgating is a huge issue in Northern Virginia since we were recently named 3rd worst traffic congestion in the country! woo!

small wads of paper stategically tossed upwards without letting it be obvious it was thrown usually gets the message across while still being harmless. For really hardcore tailgaters exchange your paper wads for pebbles or pennies.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 AM

I drive pretty fast, and keep to the right when I'm not passing someone, so tailgating has never been a major problem, but this thread has gotten me thinking, and I don't think I've EVER had anyone tailgate when I was in the S.

Although I outgrew it long ago, I use to be pretty bad about tailgating people who were intent on holding up other traffic, especially on limited access highways. That crap still gets my blood boiling, but I'm no longer tempted to get on their tail and push them out of the way.

Tailgaters scare me. Roadhogs make me mad. I'm not sure which is worse.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM

I was on my way home from school on i95 yesturday and ended up behind an S (one of the few I see). I was admiring it but otherwise just trying to navigate thurbers ave area. couple of minutes later I realized how damn close I am to this guy! I backed off and felt like an idiot. I had no clue how close I was following, and I generally never tailgate. IDK if its the car, or just sports cars in general that people seem to tailgate.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Amer,Sep 7 2006, 10:44 AM] The only people/cars who tailgate me like crazy are soccer moms in their f'in lifted suv trying to squeeze me out in the fast lane while I'm doing the speed limit. I feel like whipping out
Old 09-07-2006, 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=__redruM,Sep 7 2006, 02:34 PM]If you're only doing the speed limit, get the f--- out of the passing lane.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 AM

I started out with a stonger word, but Amer probably a nice enough guy when he's not hoggin the left lane.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 7 2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks bro , I gained a few ponies with the new exhaust, but it was also dyno'd when it really hot and humid out. Did you install your headgasket yet? I want to install mine so I can crank up the boost, but I don't have the time.
Not yet am actually not doing the install getting some professional help for this one, my friend and i did the turbo setup but i dunno about opening the motor head ya know?
Bill is installin that amongst other stuff.
Your car is going to be a Beast after the 3mm gasket.
Good luck with it bro

Marcus
Old 09-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by __redruM,Sep 7 2006, 02:50 PM
I started out with a stonger word, but Amer probably a nice enough guy when he's not hoggin the left lane.
Sometimes roadhogs are simply unaware that anyone else is on the road, and sometimes they do it on purpose because "I'm going the speed limit and the rest of the world can kiss my ass." I think it's that holier-than-though attitude that bugs me more than anything else. When I was younger (and dumber, but perhaps not by much ) I tended to act on the anger, so much so that at times I've wondered if I might not have been the original inventor of road rage. Now it just irritates me, but at one time it tended to bring me very close to physical violence. It's not the dumbest thing incompetent drivers do, but it's one of the things that I let get to me the most. (Too little self control on my part. )

I understand though; There are lots of really nice people who turn into monsters or idiots when they get behind the wheel. I dare say I myself just might fall into that catagory, though my "bad habits" might be even worse than Amer's.

Quick Reply: Do people TAILGATE the S more?