S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do Not Get The Ipt Dash Kit!!

Old 07-11-2002, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mingster
i guess yellow2000 is on the "inexperienced" side when it comes to online criticisms even the great Rick sometimes get criticized by his customers, however remote that may be. i remember the early days when i started my little biz, people were telling me how shitty my foot pedal was, how they can do better, etc. and that i took very personally and it almost ate me up. just ask hondagal and some of the long time members how they calmed me down with words of encouragement (you need those as fuel to go further, of course). you have to remember that everyone has the right to say anything they want, even if you feel that it was not justified. another thing that took me about a year to do is to distant my emotions on business matters - quite frankly it's very easy to get emotionally involved when the business is your baby, you know? so calm down, relax. this business is called "customization", and there will always be those who don't agree with your taste. just take them in stride and go on to improve your products.
great post.

i do have a comment regarding reacting to threads like this. keep in mind this is intended not to offend anyone. many people believe business classes are mickeymouse courses that are just common sense. but the stuff that we all assume we know isn't put into practice when our hardwork is being harshly criticized. i strongly suggest that "yellow2000" speak to other small business owners (even s2ki sponsors) about just general policy and how to deal with problems, customer complaints, and seemingly unresolved issues.

but first and foremost, the customer is always right. even if you don't think (s)he's right, or even if you know for a fact that (s)he is totally off-base, you should never put a customer in the position to feel threatened by you or your business. secondly, the manner in which you deal with this customer is terrible. if you feel personally hurt by a customer's email/message, take a deep breath and relax. hop in the S and take a drive out to your local cafe, meet up with a friend and have some coffee. once you are more relaxed, you can speak as objectively as possible towards your customer. ask the customer what exactly it is that has changed their opinion about the product they purchased from you.

most importantly, if you're going to have an emotional outburst, don't do it here. as a customer, it looks awfully unprofessional when a business owner blows up over one customer's dissatisfaction. expecting complete customer satisfaction is a good thing, losing your cool publicly when a customer is unhappy only shows other customers that they cannot take their up any issues regarding problems with the product with you without dealing with a temper.

calm down and resolve the issue. i'm sure you have a great product. i know i saw the titanium kit on a suzuka blue that looked great. (the person however ruined the look by putting confetti titanium all over his radio door, but in any case the overall kit looked very nice).

best wishes,
richard
Old 07-11-2002, 10:17 AM

I've owned my business for some time now. While I might think I have the best products out there, there is a chance someone else isn't going to think so. I always try to keep and open mind to this, and do whatever I can to correct the situation.

I would suggest sending a PM to this customer and hopefully it can be worked out.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 AM

I personally think the carbon fiber dash kit looks good. I think I may get one but not use all the pieces.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yellow2000
[B]i wasn't wrong you can't come out and say