S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do Not Get The Ipt Dash Kit!!

Old 07-11-2002, 07:28 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW Parker... Here's a bit of advice from a potential consumer you just lost...

There's always going to be criticism, no matter what. How the business decides to deal with it speaks volumes as to its service and professionalism. You can take it all in stride and perhaps use the criticism and make a better product or, in your case, act like a 2 year old and have a tantrum over it.

Grow up.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 1st post that yellows2000 posted here was kinda harsh I believe. Evidently he also fells that they are not worth the $ and cannot sell them. Otherwise, he would not have came on that hard trying to say how good they are. The prouduct would speak for itself. Someone is not going to like whatever you have for sale.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:23 AM

i wasn't wrong you can't come out and say

"don't buy a IPT dashkit "

i would have given his moneyback as long as he did not install it or give him another kit if he wanted something different no problem

i will take care of anybody just call or come to me first i would have handled the situation

parker
Old 07-11-2002, 08:36 AM

Parker, if I can add my two cents. The guy who didn't like the dash kit, he's entitled to his opinion. But did he try to contact you to get a refund before opening a new thread on here? Doesn't look like it, so I can understand your frustration as well.

This morning I was called by Honda regarding my recent purchase of the S2000. They asked me about 2 minutes worth of questions regarding the dealer I went thru. Not only was it nice to give feedback and know they cared, it was also smart of them to see if there's anything they can do on their end to improve sales.

As such, it wouldn't be a bad idea for yo to follow suit. Maybe you've had very few complaints on the dash kits. But the few you do get, are they completely baseless, or is there some lesson to be learned there to make your product even better? Did this guy install it perfectly and it still not work right? Or was it his error in installation? Or perhaps his expectations were in the wrong place (like these guys who post, crying that the S2000 doesn't have the torque of a Viper; well, duh!, you didn't buy a Viper!).

Good luck to you and your business.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:42 AM

thanks EMarkDDS

i know i was frustrated i have seen other sponsors on this site get slamed but not like this

he could of started the post "I didn't like the IPT DASHKIT"

that would have been cool i could of lived with that

I will try to follow up with the fellow later on today

thanks again for your comment

parker
Old 07-11-2002, 08:43 AM

he absolutely CAN say "don't buy an IPT dashkit!" it's called freedom of speech (and spare me how the 1st amendment is falling apart). this is a forum. a discussion. to paraphrase voltaire: "I may disagree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it." you, sir, are the one in error here. you verbally attacked someone, a customer of yours, no less. you say you would have given him his money back if it wasn't installed. well then, that doesn't give him much chance to become a satisfied/dissatisfied customer now, does it? you say you'll take care of anybody. will you scream at them on the phone, too? as previously stated, you're acting like a two year old. and, ya know, there are LOTS of dash kit companies out there... established companies... companies who will make me feel good about their level of support, should i have the slightest problem. you've had many opportunities to say just ONE thing that would shine a favorable light on you and your business, and you keep passing up on those chances. that says a lot (at least to me) about you as a business owner/operator.
*gets off soapbox* *rant complete*
Old 07-11-2002, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lightning
[B]he absolutely CAN say "don't buy an IPT dashkit!"
Old 07-11-2002, 09:40 AM

i guess yellow2000 is on the "inexperienced" side when it comes to online criticisms even the great Rick sometimes get criticized by his customers, however remote that may be. i remember the early days when i started my little biz, people were telling me how shitty my foot pedal was, how they can do better, etc. and that i took very personally and it almost ate me up. just ask hondagal and some of the long time members how they calmed me down with words of encouragement (you need those as fuel to go further, of course). you have to remember that everyone has the right to say anything they want, even if you feel that it was not justified. another thing that took me about a year to do is to distant my emotions on business matters - quite frankly it's very easy to get emotionally involved when the business is your baby, you know? so calm down, relax. this business is called "customization", and there will always be those who don't agree with your taste. just take them in stride and go on to improve your products.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by yellow2000
he could of started the post "I didn't like the IPT DASHKIT"
Most of us pay more attention to the contents of a thread rather than the title. The title will draw us in, but the content is the important part. You could have easily doused the flames rather than fanning them by reacting differently. Find out what he did not like and why, then address his issues.

But as Mingster says...this will come with experience.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:15 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Well said Mingster.

A business has an opportunity when the have customer complaint. They have two options. First they can try to see what they can do to win this customer back. Or they can fight to prove that they are right and that the customer was wrong. Normally when a custom is unhappy with a business, they just walk away and say nothing to the business. This happen 7 out of 8 times. But what they do do is tell 10 of there friends how bad the business is, and how unhappy they were to have ever done business with them in the first place.

On the other hand if a customer is unhappy and tells the business. The business has the opportunity to correct the issue with the customer, and maybe he can win this customer back. Once the customer has been won back, he might tell one person how well the business did. This is how successful business grow. By word of mouth.

The way I see this, is that there was an opportunity that was lost to save a customer and generate a positive reaction. This thread has been view 512 times as of right now. And I do think that he could have titled the thread differently, I am sure he was very frustrated (it showed), but he only expressed his feelings.

Quick Reply: Do Not Get The Ipt Dash Kit!!