S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

did you get nervous before buying your s2k?

Old 04-04-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kbb is a good guideline for trades on cars if you put in "fair" value, that is about what you'll get for the accord.....

it is worth it, but take your time and get what you want, these cars are not that hard to get in the color you want. It is a honda, you can not go wrong.
MAtt
Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 PM

Hell no ,

I saw the car months ago when 2004 models were out and was waiting for the day that i can get one. I finally did and its such a joy , everytime i sit inside the car i feel happy and it puts a smile to your face. Afterall you need to ask yourself what you really need it for? Do you just need it to get from point a to b? If yes i would say stick with your accord , or are you the type of person whose idea of a stress therapy is to cruise in some nice mountain road with the top down while listening to that vtec singing , in that case buy the s2k and you'll never regret it

I love this car more than any other car i owned and test drived and that list includes cars that were easily worth 4 times the price of s2k.

Regarding the color , never get something you dont like in my opinion , especially if its a car.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:57 PM

Back to the main question... Yes I was very nervous before buying my car. I was so focused and nervous at the dealership that the F&I guy thought something was wrong. He is probably used to seeing people grinning and signing everything as quickly as possible when he sells an S2000. He asked me "aren't you excited?" I told him "I'm the kind of person who gets excited later.... now, what does this paragraph mean?"

For me it wasn't until months later that I got really excited. This was the first RWD car I had owned in 15 years, so I was really worried about training myself to drive the car correctly. I couldn't sincerely enjoy it completely until I had become more comfortable with it.

Yeah, I'm neurotic.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

For me, at this point in time price is more important than color. I love the silverstone but can not find one, let alone at my price. $10k & my trade is the very top of my price range. If I want to go with silverstone I will need to look at used cars & I'm not sure if that is what I want.
Would you take a used 2004 in the color you want over a new car that is not your 1st color choice?
If anyonw knows of a new 2004 silverstone within 200 miles of Buffalo, NY please let me know.
I have the option of a 2005 silverstone with red/blk interior (my favorite combo) but it is $3000 more.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try searching possibly with carsdirect or autobytel and check inventories. You can gradually increase the "mileage filters" on these sites to see what's availble within x number of miles of your location. There are always new leftovers around, so be willing to call and be willing to travel. It's a bunch of your money, so get what you want! Good luck!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:39 AM

Why on earth would you "trade in" the Accord? A car like that would sell fast and you would get more money by selling it outright, perhaps enough money to buy the Silvertsone.

Also, via the Honda website you can "find a dealer," and most dealers have a new car inventory feature on their websites. Find a Silverstone. Call them, ask to confirm they have the Silverstone still is in inventory, and then tell them they can make a sale in a matter of minutes. You have this price for a new Sebring, you want Silverstone, they simply have to match the price.

I know its more than 200 miles, but the dealership in Indianapolis where I got my 2005 Silverstone had three Silverstones and two Berlinas on the lot over this past weekend. Yoy might qualify for a special "family" deal given your username - the dealership is Penske Honda.

Oh, and to answer your initial question. NO, not nervous at all when I was getting ready to buy. I had researched the Sh*t out of which car to buy, and I knew I was doing exactly what I wanted to do. The sales person was a bit taken back as I was not all giddy and excited, but as someone said earlier, the excitement comes after the purchase (and at least 500 miles later). The only time I hesitated was when my 3 year old and I were looking at the brochure and she was telling me which color she liked, and she pointed to the photo of the interior and said "where do I sit?" But I quickly overcame that when she also wanted to know where her sister, the dog, etc. will sit and when I told her we were keeping the Odyssey, and everyone fits in there, she said "ok."
Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 PM

I know exactly what you mean... I just bought an 04 two weeks ago and i was nervous as hell but once i got it, i forgot that feeling real fast. I really wanted the silverstone, but more than anything i wanted the two-tone interior... so i got sebring with red/black... but get what you want... never never settle for something you dont want... especially at that price.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:45 PM

go for the silverstone...its faster! hahaha
Old 04-05-2005, 07:54 PM

I didn't get nervous before buying my S2000. It was something I researched, wanted, and fit well within my budget.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Former Moderator

The day before I picked up my car (I'd never seen one in real life before ) I almost cancelled the order and bought a 3 series cab..

When I pulled up to dealership and saw it sitting there, I said to my dad, holy shit that's my car, and my heart skipped a beat.

Haven't looked back since

Quick Reply: did you get nervous before buying your s2k?