S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

did you get nervous before buying your s2k?

Old 04-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default did you get nervous before buying your s2k?

Any of you get anxiety or a nervous feeling before you bought your S2000?
I am about to but a S2000 but I am getting cold feet. Not because I am not sure about the car, the car is great.
I'm thinking after I have the car for a while that feeling will pass, well I hope so.
I think I am getting a good deal. I am trading my 2004 Accord ex (kbb.com trade-in value = $17k) plus $9700 for a leftover new 2004. Not the exact color that I wanted, I want silverstone, this one is sebring. Is this a good deal?
Sincerely,
Nervous Nelly
Old 04-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm fact that you're trading in a 2004 makes me think you should rethink the decision before making any impulsive moves.......it's a very costly move .
and i'd get the color i want.....don't settle.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trick is to find ways to keep the car feeling "new" to you. You'll find thats pretty easy to do with an S2000.

And definitely don't settle on the colour. You need to get exactly what you want.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:20 PM

I am in the same boat. Because I want the '04 that $25k - $27K that is alot of money and I am kindna nervous too. MAKE SURE you buy the color that you like otherwise you WILL regret it later. I am speaking from experience.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 PM

I get really nervous buying a new car, but that's more because of the amount of money that I'm spending than cold feet. I generally look at cars for a year or more before I make the final decision and, because I already have a dependable car, I approach a new car purchase in terms of what I want to do, never what I have to do. For me, I wouldn't settle for a second choice color on a 28K car that I don't have to buy. Having said that, I think the Sebring is a great color and it is close enough to the color of the factory wheels that the combo is sharp.

One more thing ... keep in mind that after you buy your S2K, it'll be hard to leave it alone on the first night of ownership. Even though the seats are great for driving and recline a little, you'll probably want to drag yourself to bed before you fall asleep. It'll still be there in the morning and more fun to drive after a good nights sleep.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GET THE COLOR YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Silverstone is the sex and is worth the wait!!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 PM

definitely get the color you want, i settled for interior and exterior color i didn't really want because the deal was so good, i really regret that now
Old 04-04-2005, 08:37 PM

imho sebring really grows on you, but.. to each his own...
Old 04-04-2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Apr 4 2005, 07:16 PM
GET THE COLOR YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Silverstone is the sex and is worth the wait!!!!

My dealership tried to make a move on me to take their sebring/black and red or silverstone/black that they had on the lot. I stuck to my guns and waited a few days for them to transfer one over, everytime I get in the car I thank myself for doing that.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by mad-dog-one,Apr 4 2005, 04:23 PM
I get really nervous buying a new car, but that's more because of the amount of money that I'm spending than cold feet. I generally look at cars for a year or more before I make the final decision and, because I already have a dependable car, I approach a new car purchase in terms of what I want to do, never what I have to do. For me, I wouldn't settle for a second choice color on a 28K car that I don't have to buy. Having said that, I think the Sebring is a great color and it is close enough to the color of the factory wheels that the combo is sharp.

One more thing ... keep in mind that after you buy your S2K, it'll be hard to leave it alone on the first night of ownership. Even though the seats are great for driving and recline a little, you'll probably want to drag yourself to bed before you fall asleep. It'll still be there in the morning and more fun to drive after a good nights sleep.
Good advice

I am guilty of staying in my car for a while after the first day I got it... The battery went dead from the interior lights and the next morning I had to jump start it -_-. (Probably from playing with the top with the engine off o.O)

Quick Reply: did you get nervous before buying your s2k?