S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Desert Car Cover

Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Car Cover

Tried searching the site and didn't see another thread for covers.

I live in the New Mexico desert and soon will be setting the S aside as it will no longer be my Daily Driver. Unfortunately I don't have a garage to store it in or even a car port, so it will be in the hot sun all day long.

Anyone have any good experiences with car covers in the dry heat?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yup! I lived in AZ and had a great car cover. I have the same one now. It does a great job blocking the sun and is waterproof. Actually, the website has 40% off their covers. Empire car covers. They also have free shipping on orders over $89, which you will spend anyway to get a decent cover. Here's what I have.

It's the first one. http://www.empirecovers.com/car-cove...nvertible/2004

I keep my car outside too in GA and put it on every time I get home and I put it on at work. I work at a granite mine and there's constantly granite dust around and the cover blocks it great! The cover comes with straps to keep it secure in the wind and from letting other stuff from getting underneath it. Some stuff will of course, but it keeps most debris out. Doesn't come with a cable lock though. Gotta buy that yourself. Just go to Amazon.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Park mine outside too. I use oem cover and a waterproof cover I got at Walmart over it to prevent scratching. Combined with cable lock it works out great.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 96ludevtec
Yup! I lived in AZ and had a great car cover. I have the same one now. It does a great job blocking the sun and is waterproof. Actually, the website has 40% off their covers. Empire car covers. They also have free shipping on orders over $89, which you will spend anyway to get a decent cover. Here's what I have.

It's the first one. http://www.empirecovers.com/car-cove...nvertible/2004

I keep my car outside too in GA and put it on every time I get home and I put it on at work. I work at a granite mine and there's constantly granite dust around and the cover blocks it great! The cover comes with straps to keep it secure in the wind and from letting other stuff from getting underneath it. Some stuff will of course, but it keeps most debris out. Doesn't come with a cable lock though. Gotta buy that yourself. Just go to Amazon.
sweet thanks. I take it the cover is form fitting to the S?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PAPS
Tried searching the site and didn't see another thread for covers.
There are many threads on covers. If search isn't working for you try a site restricted Google search. For searching s2ki just add this to your keywords:
site:s2ki.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+...sm=93&ie=UTF-8