S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

a dent on the fender

Old 12-04-2002, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a dent on the fender

someone hit mt passenser's side fender right above the front tire made it a little damage on it about 1-1.5 inch diameter. technician came to see, get it done but since the part hit was so rigid it cant be smoothed out.
so i think i need to take it to the shop to fix it any good ones to go?
i already got the cash 100bux for that from the person. u think i need to return that money to him and get it fixed up with his insurance? do i need to talk to him or just call the insurance company directly without dealing with him?wonder what to do cuz its first time getting into an incedent
Old 12-04-2002, 11:26 AM

I had the same thing happen to me in the spring. Thought it was no big deal and I did not catch the person. Anyway I got the estimate for it yesterday...$1612. That includes the broken headlight. (You can't tell the light is broken untill you take it apart)
I believe the first rule of bodywork is that if you can't see anything wrong it's $400.
You should get an estimate before you do anything else.
good luck
Chris
Old 12-04-2002, 11:55 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car. Might be time to get the MG fenders .
Old 12-04-2002, 01:08 PM

I don't think you can have anything done for $100
Old 12-04-2002, 01:47 PM

dont use ur insurance to fix it. i'm guessing the 100 bucks is ur deductible. if the other party was in the wrong, use their insurance. after all, it was their fault.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:50 PM

Are you sure? It sounds to me like the other guy gave him $100 as "quiet money"
Old 12-04-2002, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2002silver,

I had this happen to me twice. If you need a good body shop, call your local Porsche dealer and they should be able to refer a good one. The shop I go to only does exotics and the S just squeezes in.

Body shops will usually give a price break if it's an insurance repair. But expect the repair to be $350-$450 minimum for one panel to be removed fixed and repainted. They also charge for prep, etc. If you have more than one repair then you will save by doing them at the same time.

Sometimes dent wizard or other paintless repairs can be done, but usually they are not completely perfect.
hope this helps,
Old 12-04-2002, 02:28 PM

You could probably save money if you remove it yourself, bring it into the shop, have them fix it, and then put it back on yourself...I saved quite a bit by doing this on my girlfriend's car...
Old 12-05-2002, 02:36 AM

but the problem is that the person's insurance would not cover my damage cuz what happened was, actually the person is his wife, she pulled up the shopping carter beside my car and it rolled down the ground, hit the fender. Now at this point, he said that he would not get the money back from me that i recieved from him last night, and got no resoponsibility about that matter. fxxkin weird mother Fxxker. u gotta be prepared for ur lawyer and i will talk to my lawyer tommorrow to see what 's gonna happen i said. then here's the weirdest thing, he said right away " frankly i didnt see if my wife hit ur car, and i didnt see either. i dont know who ur." i was in the car and my g/f saw that shit exactly.
his wife cut on the line and said i didnt do that. WTF?????????????????????
that gentleman;s name is Steve Dorfman and u guys should be careful with those cheap person having no idea what's right or wrong, lacking in moral values. and be careful Corolla drivers. Drive that corolla forever and ever til u die.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moved from GB and 4 sale to S2000 Talk

Quick Reply: a dent on the fender