S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DECISION ON INTAKES

Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DECISION ON INTAKES

so ive been thinking about adding a intake/snorkel to the S after i get my exhaust.

the ones on my list( this goes for the intake boxes and snorkels):

spoon snorkel
mugen
j's racing
backyard special intake box

those are the only ones ive been interested. im really into the spoon snorkel/backyard box combo. what do you think?

i was thinking if i purchase the spoon snorkel to add a screen so nothing gets into it. is it common for water,etc to get into the snorkel? would it mess with the engine?

any other kind of intakes you suggest let me know. thank you
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a Spoon with a Carb cooling plate and a K&N air filer. I gutted the air box and lined it with 2 layers of insulating foil.

I have never had a problem with water getting up into the air box even will heading into a driving rain storm.

I agree with either a screen or in my case I use a grill. Before I had the Spoon I had a snorkel made by Muz and the reason for the change to the Spoon was the Muz snorkel took a big hit from a bird. I noticed the car was really bogging down. I went through a mental check list to see if I had done something stupid (more than normal type stupid) and could not come up with anything. The next thing I did was to check the air filter, it looked ok, but there were a couple of small feathers in the air box. I took the snorkel out and ran a hose through it to clean it and out came the remains of a bird, thus the need for the grill.