S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The deal on rear gear sets, installation parts, and the Yellow Box

Old 03-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The deal on rear gear sets, installation parts, and the Yellow Box

We finished the negotiations with our contact in Japan for the gear sets. We're very pleased to report that the final price will be even lower than we anticipated: $725. This price includes the gear set itself (pinion and ring), the shims indicated from the manufacturer's bench test, and shipping to your doorstep from Japan

The 4.3, 4.44, and 4.7 gear sets will be available, each for the $725.00 price.
The gear sets will ship from Japan within 3-4 days of the time you place an order. Shipping will take 3-4 days.

This is not a group buy, but a permanently discounted price The gear sets can be bought at this price on our web site at any time, once we start taking orders. We think this is a very good value, and we have worked very hard to get the price this low, knowing that it would put this mod within reach of many more owners.

The gear sets will come with a pre-install quality guarantee. If your or your installer inspect the gear sets and are not satisfied, we will replace the set or refund your money. But once the gear set is installed, the risk is yours, given that we have no control over the quality of the installation. So if you plan to do this mod, be sure to find a skilled and experienced installer. This, obviously, is not a do-it-yourself install.

We will also be offering an optional kit of the key parts needed for the install. The kit will include both pinion bearings, crush washer, oil seal, and nut. We don't have a price yet for this kit, but we can promise it will be a good value.

Finally, we will also offer a deal on the Yellow Box, which corrects the speedometer and odometer error that occurs with the gear set installation (plus 7 percent with the 4.44 rear gear set). Even if you don't buy the gear set you may want a Yellow Box, since virtually every S2000 made has a speedometer and odometer error of about plus 2-3 percent (in other words, the speedometer and odometer readings are 2-3 percent high). We haven't finalized the Yellow Box deal, but they currently sell for $100 plus shipping from Australia. We'll find a way to beat that, by offering free shipping, a discount on the gear set if it's purchased with the Yellow Box, or a better price (if the Yellow Box folks permit us to discount the price).

We hope to have all this resolved and start taking orders on our web site by the weekend, so bear with us as we finalize all these details.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:07 PM

You are my hero! I need to look into finding an installer here in Calgary and I'll probably order this from you in the next couple of months (waiting for my bonus from work then I'll have cash to do this)..

Now if you'd respond to my email I sent about a little radiator badge... I'd be a happy camper!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

What was your question about the radiator badge, koala?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:02 PM

WOW! Thats an amazing price for the gears! MUCH less then what I payed.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Rick Hesel
What was your question about the radiator badge, koala?
I didn't want to bring it up here... what email address can I reach you at? I tried that one on your site but I never get a response..

Its regarding an order I placed a few months back...
Old 03-24-2003, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm impressed. I'll be ordering the full deal in the next couple of months.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by koala

I didn't want to bring it up here... what email address can I reach you at? I tried that one on your site but I never get a response..

Its regarding an order I placed a few months back...
email me at hesel@artsci.com
Old 03-24-2003, 07:40 PM

Very cool Rick.

Another great product at another great price.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:42 PM

Must.....resist......cannot spend anymore money
Old 03-24-2003, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in for sure at that price. Let us know as soon as you are able to take orders.

Quick Reply: The deal on rear gear sets, installation parts, and the Yellow Box