S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DBW

Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Jul 9 2007, 07:56 AM
How about calling it an "Electrically operated throttle body" instead?

All modern cars = DBW. The ECU listens to the Throttle Position Sensor in a cable car anyway.

The nice thing about the 06-07's throttle system is that it gets rid of all the crap. No cruise control throttle cable system, no idle air control valve system......simple. Plus the engine bay is less cluttered. Seems like the right thing to do on this kind of car.

My Mustang had a cable operated throttle, and the s2k is just as resposive if not more in throttle blips, etc. If you put the key to run in an 06-07 without cranking the engine your can hear the throttle servo working with your throttle inputs, and it goes move for move with you foot without any delay.
I see you have the Berk Header. I was just looking at it.

Do you like it? How much did you end up paying for the Ceramic Coated one?

Andre
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's pretty nice, I think it was about $510 shipped cross country during the GB pricing. I think the GB price still might be in effect for the polished ones, but not the ceramic. The header's got a nice midrange bump, I like it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Jul 9 2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah it's pretty nice, I think it was about $510 shipped cross country during the GB pricing. I think the GB price still might be in effect for the polished ones, but not the ceramic. The header's got a nice midrange bump, I like it.
Sweet. Yeah... I'm kind of stuck between this one and the T1R. I'll have to figure it out.

Sorry for the thread jacking for a second... lol. I won't post anymore about the header... lol.

Andre
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Safety First!!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go drive a lexus is300 with egear and you know what's the definition of throttle lag.

honda seems to get the DBW thing better than alot of other car maker, the main problem with DBW other than lag and rev nanny is double input. some car if the ecm see the brake and gas is applied both at the same time(read: heel toe, left foot braking, etc) they will try to do funny stuff to it(such as cutting power, give you lag, or ignore you at all)

it's more like the car doing what's they thing it's right instead of letting the driver do their thing. it's a good thing for 90 percent of american(sorry) that doesn't know the difference between TDC from FPR, but for performance group, BDW can be a hit or a miss.

the 06 felt pretty instant, but i never really got on it enough to tell, prop for honda, i guess
Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Jul 9 2007, 10:14 AM
go drive a lexus is300 with egear and you know what's the definition of throttle lag.

honda seems to get the DBW thing better than alot of other car maker, the main problem with DBW other than lag and rev nanny is double input. some car if the ecm see the brake and gas is applied both at the same time(read: heel toe, left foot braking, etc) they will try to do funny stuff to it(such as cutting power, give you lag, or ignore you at all)

it's more like the car doing what's they thing it's right instead of letting the driver do their thing. it's a good thing for 90 percent of american(sorry) that doesn't know the difference between TDC from FPR, but for performance group, BDW can be a hit or a miss.

the 06 felt pretty instant, but i never really got on it enough to tell, prop for honda, i guess
Well... luckily for us... we can always just turn it off and we can do anything the cable guys can.

Andre
Old 07-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Thanks for everyone's responses. I guess DBW should not be deciding factor for me when I choose between the 05 and 06 model correct?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally don't like the feel of DBW at all. The problems outlined above make it a PITA when driving at the limit. I prefer the throttle cable any day. I don't have to worry about a separate cable for cruise control either...I don't have it
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by toofast4yalll,Jul 9 2007, 04:34 PM
I personally don't like the feel of DBW at all. The problems outlined above make it a PITA when driving at the limit. I prefer the throttle cable any day. I don't have to worry about a separate cable for cruise control either...I don't have it
What are you talking about???? It's not a PITA at all!!!! Once you turn off the VSA, it's like driving the car without any assistance. Nothing gets in the way... trust me. I Auto-X all the time and the car feels great. You wouldn't notice any difference at all.

Look OP... the best thing I can tell you is to just test drive both of them and see which you like. But believe me... you won't feel any difference between the two.

Andre
Old 07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
-Q-

You *can* turn it off.

Quick Reply: DBW