S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Dash Opinions

Old 11-14-2001, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few of my friends have made some comments about Honda's choice to make the dash speedo a digital display instead of some classic looking analog gauges. What are everyone's thoughts on this? If a manufacturer were to produce a retrofit analog gauge package, would you buy it? How do you think it would look? Would it take away from the car's design? Some food for thought.....
Old 11-14-2001, 04:41 AM

I personally love the digital dash and wouldn't change it for anything. It is reminiscent of the Formula 1 clusters Honda used to inspire our cars. There is a company that makes an analog set, but I don't remember who it is right now. I am sure a search would turn it up.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:47 AM

I agree, the design is definitely with purpose relating to Honda's formula one heritage.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:52 AM

I like the digital dash especially the digital tach. I find its easier than an analog tach, plus you have the built in shift light at redline.

The speedometer is fine, I dont really look at it much the other stuff is also ok.

I'm a big fash of digital, ever since I was a kid. Don't know why.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:55 AM

I found the analog set, it is made by Spoon. One of the threads I found said they thoght it had been discontinued.

Old 11-14-2001, 04:57 AM

Really do Like it alot and wouldn't change it, other than adding to it...

Oil Pressure and Temperature

Now on the wish list....

Boost Pressure...
Old 11-14-2001, 04:58 AM

At first I didnt like it but it grew on me. Im glad they made it digital.

By the way, here is something I found out the other day. Most of you probably know about it already. When you turn on you headlights your dash usually dims. If you hold down the black rubber button on the bottom left side of the dash it becomes extremely bright again. Looks really cool at night. I learn something new everyday. lol
Old 11-14-2001, 05:24 AM

I'm all for the digital dash. Kind of fun to see the numbers change over a needle sweep. As for the tach, could be a little easier to see if it was a cage, but over time I've adapted, and now like the way it is.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Except for the lack of specific information for temp, etc. the digital dash is the easiest to read of any I have ever had. The rpm and speed are apparent with the quickest glance.. I would not want traditional gauges. The need for additional information is another subject.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:38 AM

I was indifferent to the digital dash when I bought the car. Now, I love it. I think it is the easiest to read. My daily driver has an anolog tach and I much prefer the digital dash. By just glancing at the tach, I know exactly how fast the engine is revving. Too bad that Honda didn't add an oil pressure gauge.

Quick Reply: Dash Opinions