S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

damage done at walmart from shopping cart

Old 03-08-2006, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, they will deny all liability, and the lawsuit won't be worth the hassle. That's what they count on.

Door dings? Well I read an article in our local paper that our city codes require parking spaces at stores and shopping centers to be 8' wide, but it is not enforced, and many are more narrow (causing door dings, even when folks try to be careful). Why? Because our local governments have become "sales tax whores". Anything that brings in sales tax, and we'll look the other way.

It goes beyond that. Local governments are violating there own comprehensive plans to allow retail where the plans call for residential, just so they can get the sales tax, upon which local government thrives.

Sometimes I wish I weren't retired. I'd like to kick some ass again.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-08-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

File a claim with your insurance and let them take it to Walmart if the bill is greater than your deductible.

I had a fender chip/ding from someone kicking up a stone with a weedeater when I was parked in a residential area. My insurance covered it on comprehensive (about $350 including the repaint). I also have a nasty door ding that I discovered after the fact (not sure where it came from) and my insurance calls that collision. Estimate is $450 and I have $500 deductable. And if I claim it it will count as a collision and raise my premium. I took it to Dent Wizard since the paint is intact, but the metal is stretched and they cannot fix it with the PDR system.

Don't you just love insurance companies? State Farm in this case. Right up there with Walmart on my s%$t list.

Tim
Old 03-08-2006, 06:21 PM

Yes, I do love insurance companies (NOT). I came up against the "three claims in three years" rule on my homeowners policy, and got my deductible raised from $250 to $2500 without my consent. Two of the claims were for nothing but storm damage --- not my fault at all. In one storm, we were in a Federal Disaster Area! The third claim was from water damage from defective plumbing, on which we were some of the victors in a class action suit, where the maker of the pipe was required to pay back insurance companies for claims paid. Well, my insurance company just faded away after one unanswered letter, and contenued to penalize ME, instead of pursuing the wrongdoer.

God, I know nobody likes lawyers. But what we need are some real reformer-type lawyers like I was pre-retirement. Then , these bastards would not be getting out of car damage claims from unmanaged shopping carts on their property so easily!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
WPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sux. i would just dent wizard and touch up paint
Old 03-09-2006, 09:13 AM

Well I just talked to claims lady. She told me she was going to investigate. She said she would have to find walmart negligent. Told her I took several pics of carts everywhere and that no one was out there pushing carts. She said that only half of the claims actually get paid. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping through my pics that she finds them responsible. The only she questioned me about was my statement "Went to car saw cart against car, at the time did not see damage, cart was against tire didnot think there would be any body damage...came back to car and saw damage, got cart placed back at car and got mgmt." She basically was acting like I might have cause damage. Told her no that I wanted to have the same cart over there to show mgmnt. Told her that video will show either some ahole shoved cart into car or it was wind blown. What you guys think?? Am i going to get covered??? I would put pics on here but dont' know how.