S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

damage done at walmart from shopping cart

Old 03-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default damage done at walmart from shopping cart

I walk outside and theres and fing cart against my car. It ding in right above my front tire and chipped the paint about a quarter size. I don't know much about body repair but how much am i looking at???? Should i go to a dent repair or body shop. What is your opinon on walmart doing anything about it??? I signed and incident report and the manager told me they had cameras but didn't really tell me if they would help me out or not. Let me know Gawd I'm PISSED.!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks. Walmart will probably not do anything for you since the fault lies with the customer who used the shopping cart. I've had dent repair done on another car of mine, but I believe that most dent repair guys will not repair the paint. Most dent repair guys charge $100 per body panel no matter how many dings are being repaired. If it's a hard to reach area, they may charge more. You may get more information by posting on the Wash and Wax subforum.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I doubt there's a dang thing you can do in regards to Wal-Mart, but go for it if you want and let us know.

Regarding the damage, the exact same thing happened to my gf's NFR a couple weeks after she got it. Had a quarter sized bit of bare metal showing. She put some touch-up paint as a temp fix, then took it to the dealership for bodyshop repair. Total price came in just under her $500 insurance deductible.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ghoward11,Mar 8 2006, 02:57 PM
I walk outside and theres and fing cart against my car. It ding in right above my front tire and chipped the paint about a quarter size. I don't know much about body repair but how much am i looking at???? Should i go to a dent repair or body shop. What is your opinon on walmart doing anything about it??? I signed and incident report and the manager told me they had cameras but didn't really tell me if they would help me out or not. Let me know Gawd I'm PISSED.!!!!!!!!!
Ask to see the video.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:13 PM

More proof that Walmart is the devils lair on earth, a place of pure evil
Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh, and I didn't mention that my gf's damage happened at a Wal-Mart as well. Not only that, but we stopped there a couple years later on the way to an autocross and while we were standing in the parking lot we first heard then saw a shopping cart go rolling accross the lot and smack broadside into an older Civic. That lot has a wicked slope to it and we don't go there anymore.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by propnuts,Mar 8 2006, 02:13 PM
More proof that Walmart is the devils lair on earth, a place of pure evil
Old 03-08-2006, 02:57 PM

All of these cheap-a** stores try to "skate" on claims like these, because they post "we won't be responsible for shopping cart damage" here and there around their property. In my state, these won't work in court for the stores unless they can show that the signs were so conspicuous that the driver either saw them or should have seen them before deciding to park there.

Bottom line, these stores are negligent in allowing customers to exit the store with the carts without assistance from employees who would insure the carts would be properly parked, and not damage cars. But the stores won't voluntarily pay you a dime. You'll have to sue. And usually, the damage is too small to make suit an economic feasibility.

A lot of stores don't provide "package help" for their customers these days. When I find one, I shop there and (sometimes) pay more because I like service and the protection from carts ramming into any of my cars (including my old truck). But few stores allow as many carts to be able to "find their own way" as Wal-Mart. That's why the last time I bought anything at Wal-Mart was November, '04!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-08-2006, 03:01 PM

Did you park at the very end of the lot? It's a lot less likely for your car to get damaged out there.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:06 PM

hey dont flame walmart. they have mobile 1 10-w30 for 21 bucks for a 5 quart jug!

Quick Reply: damage done at walmart from shopping cart