S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

daily driving

Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday I was thinking to myself that my S2k is like a jeep wrangler except faster and lower.

DD here and it's a pain in the ass to move my drum kit around. I have to borrow my girlfriends car whenever I need to haul the kit but other than that we always take my car and the top is never up unless rain threatens.

I had a chance to buy a beater for 1g but it was a nice day and I took the S over to meet the guy with his 91 Si and after driving the S I couldn't stomach buying a car that was so unexciting regardless of the utility. I bought some race wheels and tires instead.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using mine as a daily driver for almost a year now, but have been considering getting a second car for those times that I don't want to worry about parking it anywhere or driving in poor weather/road conditions.

Like others have said, I think it's most exciting to drive when it's used as a weekend toy than a daily driver.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:19 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

It's been my daily driver since Nov '99. I've never owned more than one car at any time.

No regrets.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is my daily driver and aside from the "storage" space issues on some days, I have no regrets.. I miss even if I drive another car for 1 day..
Old 05-17-2004, 09:48 PM

Use mine as a daily driver and enjoy getting into it every single day. Planning on driving it across country L.A. to N.Y. in July. Couldn't be happier.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:08 PM

another DD checkin' it.........unfortunately, my commute is a whooping 7 miles round trip. But like said earlier, it doesn't matter where I'm going, I wanna drive my S.

And btw.....my girlfriend and I can do a serious day of shopping with plenty of space in the trunk.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:10 PM

Daily driver here, as well!

75 miles round trip commute... comfort is not an issue at all. I can fit my schoolbooks and laptop in the front seat (strapped in), and the trunk is more than adequate. Of course, I don't have things like drum sets to tote around! But then again, groceries have never been a problem for me, either.

I think the only drawback is that I don't commute during rush hours, so the open highway constantly beckons me to slowly but surely press the gas pedal harder and harder.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:04 AM

DD as well of course my commute to work is 8 miles of twistie mountain road, I have 3 traffic lights with in a 60 mile radius of where I live. I took three 5-6 hour road trips last summer with no complaints, one of which I had 2 sets of golf clubs and clothes for my girlfriend and I for 4 days (for those of you wondering how, the PING Moon bag is great for small spaces).

MY '03 Silverstone
Old 05-18-2004, 08:48 AM

I drive mine to school 5 days a week, and each trip is about 120 miles.
No problems so far except the wind noise is little bit annoying.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:02 AM

I just picked up my '00 S last week. I was and still am slightly concerned about the space issue, but I think I'll get used to it. In fact, I live in Chicago, and the bigger worry for me still is the space rather than driving it in winter. But I thought about how I use a car, and 95% of the time I'm alone with no cargo. I had a WRX, and in 3 years the amount of times I had more than one passenger in the car were rare. Plus so far it's getting way better mileage than my WRX was.

Since I do live in a big metro area though, I do have options. If I want to go to dinner with friends, someone else can drive or we can hop in a cab.

Quick Reply: daily driving