S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

daily driving

Old 05-16-2004, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jnmunsey
I got mine in 2000 and it was my only car thus a daily river and from day 1 I found out cars like these don't make good daily drivers..

4th day of ownership the wheels tires get stolen, then the day after I get it back it gets hit on the side, and then rear ended while parked a few weeks later.

Now, this can happen to any car but when it happens to a nice car like this it really bugs you.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by ttb
if your commute doesn't involved stop and go traffic the S2000 is fine.
perfectly said
Old 05-17-2004, 08:09 AM

Yes we did chat lol! What's up?

I hear you on working the stress out. My commute to work when I had my car was only 1.5 miles but involved a nice looping turn over Braes bayou. Nothing like hitting 9000 RPM at 8 in the morning..

Oh, and regarding the little torque, I was so spoiled with the beefy Jeep that switching to the S2K took a lot of adjustment... I suppose if you are coming from another "low" torque car you will be ok.. The S2K was a little tough for me but only for that first few hundred rpms..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Twist Off
Old 05-17-2004, 08:16 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There are a lot of people that daily drive the car. However, if you notice most of the people that responded live in CA, FL, TX, AZ, ect. Being in the northern states (read: snow, and lots of it.) It can be less fun of a car. The real key is to get snow tires. The S02 tires are not very good in snow at all, and I suspect the '04 tires are no better.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:28 AM

WA here, Shes my DD and I drive her to work, school, gym, friends, parties, where ever
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 AM

Another daily driver checking in. It was also used all winter long and belive it or not, you'd be suprised how many bags of groceries will fit in the trunk if you pack it right.

I would also like to add that it makes the morning commute and enjoyable experience.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:20 AM

Mine is a DD as well. Not sure what these guys are talking about in regards to groceries... I get my groceries in it all the time. Holds about 2 weeks of food in the trunk, another few days worth in the passenger seat and floor.

Stop and go traffic is ok for me too, but my commute is pretty short. Highways use is a bit loud, but not really a problem. Fun, fun car. Worth every dime I am spending on it.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:27 AM

DD year-round here. Wouldn't have it any other way. It's a blast to drive in the snow.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had to use my S2000 as a daily driver for the past two months because my beater died recently. It's honestly been quite awful. These past two months have made it perfectly clear to me that I need another beater or I need to sell the S2000. There's nowhere near enough space in the car, obviously, and people over the age of 40(parents, grandparents, etc.) seem to have a hard time getting in and out of it...especially in the passenger seat. When I purchased this car the beater I had was running strong and was so cheap to insure that I could afford to have another car as a toy. I would have NEVER considered purchasing the S2000 had I been shopping for a new daily.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:06 AM

Well there you go. Different strokes for different folks. Not sure how much space you need in a vehicle, but I do live a pretty spartan lifestyle. My attitude when I got the S2000 was that if it didn't fit, I didn't need it. And so far that has proven true. Fits my radar detector, manual, insurance, sunglasses, personal effects all in the cabin. Fits my work briefcase just fine, my soccer gear, change of clothes, etc. in the trunk just fine.

In terms of accomodating older drivers, the majority of drivers of S2000s that I have seen tend to be over the age of 40. I took a friend of mine out who is over 50 and has had back surgery and he loved the thing.

But hey, that's why they make Lexus!

Quick Reply: daily driving