S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

daily driving

Old 05-16-2004, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by California-S2K
Mine is a daily commuter 40 miles each way. I just enjoy the feel of the S on the road. Doesn't matter where I'm going, I want to drive my S.
Exactly!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:33 PM

Ditto here. Daily driver and great so far. I love dropping the top for the drive home from work everyday (when it's not raining, of course).

I drove it to Tampa on business (about 4 hours each way) last week and was surprised that I felt absolutely no ill effects of being in the seat so long. The seats in this car are amazing.

-->Taco
Old 05-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While our third car was being used by one of our children I used the S as a daily driver. I found it to be quite acceptable. The only thing I didn't really like was parking it in any lots as I am quite paranoid about door dings etc.

The one thing I did find though was that after a couple of weeks of steady use I didn't get the same rush from driving it. I personally like to look forward to pulling it out on the weekends (the S!) putting down the top and enjoying the sound of the engine. It is kind of like my reward for putting up with a 60 hour work week and the stress level of 4 teenagers!
Old 05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
WPS

it's fine for a daily. did 270 miles today and it's really not too bad in comfort and noise level. even got 30mpg
Old 05-16-2004, 07:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

it's nice to relax on the way home with some good music and the top down.
Amen Brother!
Old 05-16-2004, 09:45 PM

I got mine in 2000 and it was my only car thus a daily river and from day 1 I found out cars like these don't make good daily drivers..

4th day of ownership the wheels tires get stolen, then the day after I get it back it gets hit on the side, and then rear ended while parked a few weeks later.

Now, this can happen to any car but when it happens to a nice car like this it really bugs you. I drive a 98 Maxiam SE 5 speed and it gets dinged a crap all the time and I don't care - a very stress free and reliable car with some punch.

Also, the 2000 S2K was a bitch to drive in the city stop and go. Waaaayy too little torque. I had previously driven a Jeep Wrangler with the I-6 and I could take off from a stop in 4th gear. Anyway stalling the s2k is very easy..

Also the high redline while a nice gimmick on the street is best suited for a track. Yeah it is fun and all but anybody who uses it regularly breaks the law regularly, not that I am innocent, but if you like V-Tec in an S2k you are a LOT more likely to get into trouble and even a few accidents. The problem with the S2k's engine in this respect is in order to enjoy it you have to really be moving. In a big V8 or even potent V6 you can have fun w/o having to go to extremes. Still, it was a blast to drive just compared to other vehicles you are more at risk imo.

oh and yeah I picked up my brother from the bus station once - his modestly sized suitcase would not fit in the trunk - he had to hold it in his lap lol.. A nice airbag I guess..

If I was gonna get another one I'd make sure it was a second car..

-John M
Old 05-16-2004, 10:07 PM

Daily driver here also! And wouldn't have it any other way!

Unless of course I had a G35 coupe and then I wouldn't mind taking that around all the time to do the the "everyday" things
Old 05-16-2004, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daily Driver here chiming in. Like Chitah831 said, "I'd have it no other way." I put the top down every chance I get, roof holes be damned!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:45 PM
ttb

if your commute doesn't involved stop and go traffic the S2000 is fine.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:49 PM

I drive mine daily, albeit it doesn't have much room, but it's too MUCH fun. I have other cars for driving daily, yet I still drive my S daily because it's much too fun to pass on every day.

Quick Reply: daily driving