S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

daily driving

Old 05-16-2004, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daily driving

Okay, I hope I'm not asking a question that people think has been covered ad nauseum, but I couldn't find much on it when I searched the threads. I am considering (ie lusting after) a new s2k. How many people use the car as their primary daily driver? I would probably drive it most days, sometimes up to 45 min commute on straight 2 lane highway, other days right around corner to another office at work. Comments? Feel free to post any links to helpful threads, and sorry if this is a repetitive question.

P.S., also have considered RX-8 (too funky looking and slow, not a convertible) and G35 coupe (not a convertible, less a sports car)
Old 05-16-2004, 07:51 AM

i use mine as a daily driver. a lot of people complain about lack of storage space or not a comfortable dd, but for me, it's perfect. it's got everything i need, and it's nice to relax on the way home with some good music and the top down.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by wortham
i use mine as a daily driver. a lot of people complain about lack of storage space or not a comfortable dd, but for me, it's perfect. it's got everything i need, and it's nice to relax on the way home with some good music and the top down.

Mine is also my daily driver, and I love it. My drive to work and back is 22 miles round trip, half of which is city driving, and the other half highway. That being said, I'm not fetching groceries, or going on long road trips in my S either. My girfriend's car is for all that. Seriously, for me, the car has all I need and want to be the perfect daily driver. Just like anything else, you have to assess what your needs and desires are, and base your decision on those things. Just make sure you DON'T NEED a lot of cabin space, cargo room, or back seats, and you'll be all set.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is a daily driver and love it
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 AM

Mine's DD also; though I have a POS Toyota van ( worth about $500 to anyone else) for camping trips, mountain bikes, etc.
But if you can't fit at least a few days worth of groceries in the S, don't do it.
Get it and you'll find the scenic route. When I bought mine Los Angeles became a giant single track for my car.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:03 AM

Thanks, guys. I don't do the grocery shopping, and all I need is space for me in the car. As far as I'm concerned, wife can have any car she wants. . .as long as it can haul the groceries and kids! This one's all for me, and I know I would love to walk out to such a great car after a long day's work, anticipating a fun drive home.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:40 AM

mine is a daily driver - about 50 miles round trip each day. Mostly interstate, and mostly in traffic, unless I take back roads to avoid traffic or accidents. I've also gone on one medium distance road trip - from Dallas to Little Rock, and one long distance road trip - Dallas to St. Augustine, Florida. I've put over 22,000 miles since I bought her new in September of last year and have enjoyed every minute of it. It's so great to leave work, take a look at my S and just start smiling - and it doesn't stop until well after I get home.

That being said, the S is not for everyone, and our bodies are all different. Some folks have had problems or dislikes in the car as a daily driver or long distance cruiser. It's really just up to you!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:44 AM

Mine is a daily commuter 40 miles each way. I just enjoy the feel of the S on the road. Doesn't matter where I'm going, I want to drive my S.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drive mine through traffic on the freeway each morning for about 30mins. Its a pain, but on the way home on a sunny day with the top down and a open highway it makes it all worth it! Stereo sux on my 00, but I don't need it the ride is enough for me.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:01 AM

I travel for sales in the Mid atlantic. This car can fit a good bit of stuff if you are a planner. I have put 1300 miles on mine since I got it a month ago. I do have an SUV for when I need to haul alot of stuff or people, but it is a very functional everyday car when it needs to be.

Quick Reply: daily driving