S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Cruuunch!

Old 09-09-2002, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruuunch!

I'm posting this as much for moral support as I am to see if anyone has had similar damage done to his/her S2000 and how successful the repairs were.

I was at a stop sign today mere blocks from my home, waiting to turn right onto a main street, when a young girl in a nineteen-eighty something Nissan Sentra turned left onto the street I was on and plowed into the front left corner of my S2K. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you" was all she kept repeating. Apparently she doesn't believe in looking at where her car is going.

The police that arrived moments later assured me I was not at fault, so in terms of insurance hikes I should be OK unless the girl lies to her insurance company and attempts to make me partially at fault, but I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

Speed of impact wasn't much but the damage was far greater to my car than hers, as she was moving and I was stopped. My damage was left front fender, front bumper (including my brand-spanking new Coastal Metals bumper protector), LF headlight, LF tire and wheel, and probably the auxiliary air pump that resides inside that part of the car. I don't think she bent any suspension components but that remains to be seen (crossing all fingers).

So has anyone else been through this kind of collision, and if so were the repairs satisfactory? Just curious, feeling all weak and trembly because my baby is hurting.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:35 PM

drop me an email and I will make you aware of the pitfalls.

jimbressi@comcast.net
Old 09-09-2002, 08:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man, Sorry about the accident. I feel for you. My car has been hit twice. The first one was a lady backing out of a parking spot right into the passenger door. This happened two months after I bought the car, and in Dec. 99 the car was pretty rare. I wasn't happy. Anyways, a month later or so, I get it out of the shop and it's been out for two weeks. I spend the day detailing the car at my Mom's house and am driving home, when this old guy turns left right into the front left corner of the car. Took out the fender, driver's door, some suspension, etc....It was about $4500 to fix, but it looks good as new. Just go to a good shop and they should be able to make it perfect. The only good part of my story was making the guys insurance company rent me another S2K for the 45 days mine was in the shop. They paid more for the rental than the repairs to my car
Old 09-10-2002, 09:23 AM

Sorry to hear it. I fortunately have not had a run in with my S2k, however a deer decided that my Acura Legend was much too attractive around the Princeton area last year. He danced down the entire driver's side to the tune of about $3500. My Legend is Seattle Silver, a notoriously difficult color to match. I highly recommend Dave's Collision in Flemington, NJ. I drove it for 3 weeks wrecked waiting to get in to these guys, but believe me it was worth the wait. The car is absolutely perfect and I am pretty much a fanatic about paint matching. Give them a call.